- Mr. Wolfgang Mayrhuber, currently head of Lufthansa Passage (the pax airline in the group) is likely to become CEO at the end of 2003 when Mr. Juergen Weber retires.
- Lufthansa has beaten its prediction of reaching a "black zero" at the end of the Fiscal Year, they have managed to make a 20 Million € operational profit. Due to the aquisition of the remaining shares of LSG Sky Chefs, worth 1.3 bn US-$, the over-all results were negative however.
- Lufthansa´s Boeing B747-400 "Sachsen-Anhalt" is the first commercial airliner to be fitted with the Connexcion by Boeing system, if the trials are successful the whole long-haul fleet will be fitted with it.
- latest fleet news: two B737-300 will be leased to Balkan Bulgarian, starting April 02, two B737-300 will go to Indonesian Airlines during March with another two likely to be heading the same direction
- route news: Mumbai will go 7 times weekly up from 5 times, will be served with the B747-400.
- it has been reported that Lufthansa is apparently interested in a joint take-over of Air Algerie together with Khalifa Airways, this has been reported in an interview with Khalifa´s CEO
- Lufthansa Cargo has resumed services to Karachi and Lahore, destinations will be served twice-weekly with MD-11F; the company is interested in aquiring a 49% stake in SAS Cargo