eamondzhang
Topic Author

Privatair files for insolvency

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Mods please delete if duplicate.

Apparently skyliners.de (https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/showph ... in?LC=nav2) is running a banner news saying Privatair and Privatair Deutschland have started bankruptcy proceedings and their AOCs have been withdrawn. A quick search did not return any results from major news sites but Austrian Aviation and AeroTelegraph reported the news (both in German; thank you Google translate)
http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... utschland/
and
https://www.aerotelegraph.com/lizenz-vo ... uspendiert

Any updates on this? And has anyone have any idea on how this will impact LH's PNQ resumption?

Thanks!

Michael
Last edited by atcsundevil on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated

Embajador3

Re: Rumour: Privatair bankruptcy?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:00 pm

I am surprised no one replied to this airline's possible demise. I will a friend of mine, he used to work for them. He might know something about these news.
Flying Together

CarbonFibre

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:14 pm

I also saw this on Skyliner a few days ago but thought someone must have mentioned it so I didn't bother.

juliuswong

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:55 pm

This is terrible. Another one bites the dust if this is confirmed.

I did noticed recently some of their fleet have been sent for/in storage for some time, I thought it was usual cases since they mainly do charter flights. Will dig out fleet info in short while when I have access to PC.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

mercure1

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 pm

Privatair Germany and Switzerland have filed for insolvency

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... insolvency
mercure f-wtcc

kiowa

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 am

2 aircraft total?

OlafW

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 am

That's what the table no the right says. However, the article mentions 3 A319 and 2 737, which seems more accurate.

I guess LH not extending the contract for the FRA-PNQ route was one of the last straws here?

andrej

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm

5 no? 3 A319s and 2 737BBJs. For both, Privateair GE and CH.

stylo777

Re: Privatair files for insolvency

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Guess, LH has some serious issues now to market their longstanding PNQ flight which currently sees a mainline A319 operating via GYD - very suboptimal... any other company on the wetlease market to cover such ops as LH seems to hold on their unique position in Pune?

cityshuttle

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Why not purchase the aircraft and hire the crew - both available after the bankruptcy announcement.

At least no big risk for LH since they know the product of their former wet-lease partner well.

And not to forget, LH has longstanding B 737 ops knowledge since they retired their own B 737 only a few years ago and LH Technik has of course still all licenses and the experience.

Okay, it will be a small sub-fleet, but the current A 319 solution with awful seat pitch ... can’t be the aim of a 5-star airline.

In terms of fleet standardization, maybe opb. XG (opf. LH) as they are currently the only B 737 operator within the LH group.

ScottB

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 pm

cityshuttle wrote:
And not to forget, LH has longstanding B 737 ops knowledge since they retired their own B 737 only a few years ago and LH Technik has of course still all licenses and the experience.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true in terms of maintaining licenses and competence; also, there are meaningful differences between the 737 Classics LH operated and the BBJs (which are 737NGs) of Privatair. It would be far more logical for LH to take on new or used ACJ319s/320s/neos.

Also, a big advantage of using Privatair was that LH Group didn't have to make a long-term commitment to fleet types with very limited usefulness outside a few niche routes -- they offloaded some of that risk to Privatair in exchange for whatever margin Privatair was making over its own costs.

cityshuttle

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Since LH Technik is providing MRO services for various airlines, I’m sure the licenses are definitely not an issue.

Also, my suggestion was due to the short-term availability of the right aircraft and the right crew in order to perform the FRA-PNQ route with an adequate product.

Sure, they could use one of their A 320 family aircraft - but would have to refit the whole cabin interior (after selecting and ordering the seats of choice). That would take weeks and months ...

LH doesn’t have narrow-body C-seats stored (or on order) !

mercure1

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

LH announced they will utilize one of their own A319s and serve the Pune route via Bau until January 31st.
mercure f-wtcc

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos