sr176

Alliance For Swiss Will Be Announced Soon

Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:02 am

According to CEO Dose Swiss will announce the membership in one of the three big alliances before April 1st. Presently negotiations between two of theses three are going on. He mentioned earlier that Star is the third alliance which is not anymore in the race.

gerardo

RE: Alliance For Swiss Will Be Announced Soon

Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:33 am

Can you explain the following, please?
"He mentioned earlier that Star is the third alliance which is not anymore in the race."

Which other two alliances are not in the race anymore? I know only 3 alliances (ok, 4, if you add Wings, but this one was never considered, at least it was said so).

Regards
Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

TR

RE: Swiss Will Join OneWorld

Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:49 am

The Scandinavian travel magazine "Take Off" seems confident that Swiss on March 26 will announce that it joins OneWorld.

At a lunch meeting Swiss CEO Pieter Bouw should have stated advantages and disadvantages for each of the three major alliances. The participants in that meeting is reportedly very confident that OneWorld will be the alliance chosen by Swiss.

http://www.takeoff.nu

swissgabe

Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:49 am

Qualiflyer Group? There meight be other "groups" of airline which are not really called an alliance. ig. EK/UL etc. - But of course I don't know which alliances he was talking about. They will announce the decission on the 26th of March, isen't it?
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Douglas DC 8

Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:49 am

It will be One World. They said it this evening in the news.

gibberish

Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:13 am

I saw on the news that SWISS will join an alliance prior to their launch on April 1. The contracts will be signed before that date.

Currently two of the three major alliances are still in question - presumabley Oneworld and SkyTeam. It was also mentioned that inofficial, unconfirmed statements say that Oneworld will be the one!

The NEW Oneworld:

- American
- British
- SWISS
- Lingus
- Cathay
- Finnair
- Iberia
- Qantas
- LAN

gibberish