Slawko... whom are you TELL this?? Unfortunately this country I live in is run by politicians who don´t really have a clue what is a good choice. I´ll just shortly line out why the An-70 is a better choice for Germany:
* aquisition costs are cheaper
* offers a better performance (speed, especially payload/range)
* has been offered a final assembly line to be established in Germany
* Antonov will pay for "westernization" of the plane (which ultimately increases over-all market chances)
* the political component: there is no better way to help another nation then working together on a large-scale high-tech project.
The money Antonov would get from the sale of the AN-70 to Germany would eventually give them the funds to develop the An-70 into a commercial freighter and the option to improve their designs further - and it would bring the Ukraine closer to Europe.
Still, as long as politicians only hear to the crap they have been told be someone high in their party and not the part of the government/military which has the real knowledge nothing good will come out... I lately spoke with a politician (who is member of our parlament) and when I asked him about the An-70 the respons was: "What should we do with such an old, Russian, unreliable plane?" This unfortunaltely shows that politicians are usually not as up to date as they should be...
BTW,are you able to compile a list of all airlines/air forces which have expressed interest in this bird? I know that the Czech Air Force wanted two but I don´t know if this is still current...