flyboy_se

Virgin Express Too Expensive

Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:22 am

I visited Virgin Express website to check prices from Stockholm to Barcelona.Since they are a lowcost carrier i hoped to find some great fares.But i was reallly surprised since i found out that they are charging almost the double then other carriers like SAS, Iberia and Crossair.
The Stockholm Brussels Stockholm leg was 1 500 SEK per one way. And Brussels -Barcelona-Brussels leg was 1 800 SEK per one way, bringing it to a total of 6 600 SEK which is about 660 US dollars or 700 Euro.
SAS Stockholm-Copenhagen-BArcelona was 3 300SEK (330 USD ,420EUR) ,Iberia Stockholm BArcelona was 2900 (290 USD, 330 EUR) while Crossair (SR) was charging as little as 2 200 SEK for a return flight with change in Zurich.
Can anybody explain how this can make sence.
I checked TV s website couple of times and they had same prices every time, so i dont think it s an error.
I also thought maybe the price was in Belgian money but the site clearly said All prices in SEK ( swedish crowns)
They even called it Bargain Ticket
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter

Sabena 690

RE: Virgin Express Too Expensive

Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:33 am

I think that VEX is good for point to point destinations like Brussels - Rome, not for flights like Stockholm - Brussels - Barcelona or Rome - Brussels - Stockholm,...

Regards,
Sabena 690

gaut

Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:40 am

You can also fly with SN Brussels Airline. (ARN-BCN via BRU from 2800 SEK for a return flight)

Gaut
«Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.»

sab12

Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:59 am

Flyboy,

It is better to fly SNBA, the connection in Brussel is easier and all flights from Sweden are operated by SNBA

LJ

Sat Mar 16, 2002 3:45 am

Low cost doesn't mean low fares. I live in The Netherlands and sometimes KLM is cheaper than both (Basiqair and easyJet) low cost no-thrills operators. It depends on how many people are already booked a specific flight.

Sabena 690 is 100%. All low cost airlines are only good for point-to-point traffic and not for connecting services.

Regards
Laurens

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos