User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3824
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello there Turkish Aviation fans, welcome to another thread.
And Happy "Turkish Aviation Thread” Anniversary, first thread December 2006. WoW!!!
Thank you all for keeping these threads going for all these years.
Here is a photo of TK 77W TC-LJA flying in formation with Turkish Stars during the soft opening ceremony of the new airport.



Let’s start this thread with few headlines:
-Last month TK ordered 3 more 777Fs
-Dec20th China Southern resumes 3 x W IST-PEK with A330.
-The new airport adds two more routes to its schedule. Let’s see if the “Big Bang” will happen in a months time ??

Please continue with your views, news, photos, rumors and good old sense of humor.
Welcome,
***You can find last months thread here: Turkish Aviation November 2018

It is always fun to look back to older threads; check some of these out:
Last year this time
 
HeyTK
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Some Turkish news websites are stating that the big move is starting 15 december after a meeting with all the involving parties who came to one agreement.

http://www.kokpit.aero/yeni-havalimani-tasinma-aralik
 
User avatar
BOEING777EK
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Atlasglobals first A330 went out for a test flight at MEX a day ago.

Airbus A330-203 700 TC- AtlasGlobal air-test at MEX 29nov18, EI-reg, full cs prior delivery ex EI-GEX
Last edited by BOEING777EK on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
BOEING777EK
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Duplicate post
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 22930
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks for a new thread. Certainly will be an interesting month .
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Line numbers for the first 6 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners of Turkish Airlines are out;

1. LN 865
2. LN 873
3. LN 879
4. LN 883
5. LN 897
6. LN 899

All will be delivered in 2019.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23036
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Interview with TK CEO Bilal Eksi about new airport.

He shared some insight about new lounge:
"The new lounge in the new Istanbul Airport will be three times bigger than the existing one in Ataturk Airport. There will FFP, Business Class and Executive Lounges, which today are combined into one lounge. The same company, Do&Co, has joined designing process the new lounge too. There will a cultural centre and a museum, where historical monuments and expositions will change every three months that will display Turkish cultural history. There will Turkish coffee, corners, Turkish tea corners. There will many attractions in the new lounge. "

Also says Mexico route will open in 2019 in addition to bunch more.

Full interview >>> https://www.atn.aero/#/analysis.html?id=1951
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:48 pm

BOEING777EK wrote:
Atlasglobals first A330 went out for a test flight at MEX a day ago.

Airbus A330-203 700 TC- AtlasGlobal air-test at MEX 29nov18, EI-reg, full cs prior delivery ex EI-GEX

I saw two Atlas hybrid painted 330´s the other day in AYT, but these don't appear in their fleetlist.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 pm

Completed two flights from/to the new airport. I was pretty impressed by the size and it looks fantastic.
I'm going to post a trip report with many pictures and a video soon. Need to figure out first how this works with pics/vids...
 
TK773ER
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:30 am

Yakamoz wrote:
Line numbers for the first 6 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners of Turkish Airlines are out;

1. LN 865
2. LN 873
3. LN 879
4. LN 883
5. LN 897
6. LN 899

All will be delivered in 2019.


Great to see when is the first one due May/June 2019 ?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:30 am

stylo777 wrote:
BOEING777EK wrote:
Atlasglobals first A330 went out for a test flight at MEX a day ago.

Airbus A330-203 700 TC- AtlasGlobal air-test at MEX 29nov18, EI-reg, full cs prior delivery ex EI-GEX

I saw two Atlas hybrid painted 330´s the other day in AYT, but these don't appear in their fleetlist.
These two was leased from Air Leisure in summer. The leasing is ended. They are stored in AYT by Air Leisure.



TK773ER wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
Line numbers for the first 6 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners of Turkish Airlines are out;

1. LN 865
2. LN 873
3. LN 879
4. LN 883
5. LN 897
6. LN 899

All will be delivered in 2019.


Great to see when is the first one due May/June 2019 ?


I assume June/July.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23036
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:26 pm

I saw Onur Air announced a new scheduled service route - this time not to Europe, but Baghdad 4x weekly with A321 starting December 27th.

stylo777 wrote:
Completed two flights from/to the new airport. I was pretty impressed by the size and it looks fantastic.
I'm going to post a trip report with many pictures and a video soon. Need to figure out first how this works with pics/vids...


Look forward to the reports. :bouncy:
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
HeyTK
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm

How many Max 8 is TK going to receive this year? Is TC-LCE and LCG the last 2 left?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:41 pm

HeyTK wrote:
How many Max 8 is TK going to receive this year? Is TC-LCE and LCG the last 2 left?
LCE is delivered. LCG should be the last one for this year.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:48 am

...here are some pictures from the new airport (ISL).
I'm still working on the full trip report. A bit challenging with over 60 pics and some videos from the approach/landing.
Only downside of the trip was the pretty nasty weather. The rain didn't stop and it was overcast the whole time...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 22930
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:55 am

stylo777 wrote:
...here are some pictures from the new airport (ISL).
I'm still working on the full trip report. A bit challenging with over 60 pics and some videos from the approach/landing.
Only downside of the trip was the pretty nasty weather. The rain didn't stop and it was overcast the whole time...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Great thanks for posting .
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3824
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 am

Thanks Stylo:
-Any idea if they have the air conditioning on, does it feel cold inside?
-What is that construction picture of?
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 am

TK787 wrote:
Thanks Stylo:
-Any idea if they have the air conditioning on, does it feel cold inside?
-What is that construction picture of?

actually, quite the opposite. it was very cozy and warm inside, but only on the departure level. on the 2nd picture you'll see those black round cube alike things between the pillars. they produce some good amount of warm air. at the same time please bear in mind that the terminal is essentially deserted; don't know how this would work with more people around.

this is only one of many, many, many construction pictures which I was able took (inside as well as outside of the terminal).
that one in particular is probably the construction side of the servicing providers (TGS, Celebi, Havas, Do&Co, etc.). as far as I know, it's on the Southwest Apron according to the previously posted Aerodrome chart.

to summarize it, the whole airport is in my opinion still in heavy construction mode (inside and outside).
under these conditions I don't believe it will be ready until the end of this month for the big move. let's see, Turks are famous for quick adaptation :)
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:00 pm

From my insider at ISL:
- End of Dec18 Big Bang transfer of IST looks Mission Impossible. However this has to happen before Local Elections due end of Q1-19 with a 2nd Grand Openning (polical show).
- 3rd Runway possibly be ready end of H1-20 as it goes very slow for the moment due to lack of money. It may go faster after Big Bang.

By the way I was at ESB today and saw that TK A340 parked there long time back still stays at the same location.
The future is in the skies.
 
HeyTK
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 pm

I read on kokpit aero that the big move will start 15 december, but I hope they extend it to 2019. There is no gain in starting operations in a full construction zone with major risks for ground operations that will cause problems for the airlines and passengers. I dont want to see TK getting blamed by the media and people for the responsibility of IGA and the goverment simpy because they did not want to any wait longer for their political views.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3824
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:13 pm

TK to fly to Rovaniemi, Finland starting Dec5th, 3 x weekly. I just looked at it, population 61,000. What is the other factors for TK to start this route? Thanks.
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:49 pm

I flew to Rovaniemi through Helsinki a couple of years ago, it is a popular destination for Lapland tourist attractions and when we travelled we were a group of 35 Turkish tourists, I know that this is a seasonal route only where LH and other European operators also fly during winter. I think TK will do this a seasonal route too, otherwise it will be a problem in my opinion

TK787 wrote:
TK to fly to Rovaniemi, Finland starting Dec5th, 3 x weekly. I just looked at it, population 61,000. What is the other factors for TK to start this route? Thanks.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 22930
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:57 pm

TK787 wrote:
TK to fly to Rovaniemi, Finland starting Dec5th, 3 x weekly. I just looked at it, population 61,000. What is the other factors for TK to start this route? Thanks.


Its big business. I know people who have paid €500 for a day trip charter before.

https://canterbury-travel.com/
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3824
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Thanks for the info and it was my mistake about the start date... Flights start Dec5, 2019 and end March22, 2020. So it seems seasonal.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 am

TK105 wrote:
From my insider at ISL:
- End of Dec18 Big Bang transfer of IST looks Mission Impossible. However this has to happen before Local Elections due end of Q1-19 with a 2nd Grand Openning (political show).


I was there at ISL (naturally on the landside...) for the 3rd time after the "opening"! I talked to misc. IGA employees (naturally, junior ranked staff) including those who came from Ataturk AP and also to some TK ticketing staff. Nobody firmly seem to believe that Big Bang operation will take place starting from the 15th and nobody also believes full scale operations will resume at ISL starting 1st Jan. 2019. But, simply said, they cannot put it into words.

I've read somewhere that IGA can (or will) officially allocate and hand over "space" to airlines and others by 15th December 2018. This means, IGA will give totally empty spaces inside 4 walls plus the energy supply! How can, the airlines to start with, fill in and decorate their quarters in just 2 weeks and resume all operation from ISL by Jan 1st?

I agree with the assumption that real opening (full operations) should go into effect before the Local Elections on March 31st, but how the hell will they (I mean the politicians...) find the time for such a second opening ceremony in the midst of their propaganda gatherings? Also, let's keep in mind that S19 Timetable will become effective on March 25th (or maybe 26th), 2019. So it may be more likely to co-incide the full operational opening with this date. Which means the said Big Bang may likely occur on 22-23-24th. But surely, some equipment transfer may take place gradually, at earlier dates.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am

stylo777 wrote:
actually, quite the opposite. it was very cozy and warm inside, but only on the departure level. on the 2nd picture you'll see those black round cube alike things between the pillars. they produce some good amount of warm air. at the same time please bear in mind that the terminal is essentially deserted; don't know how this would work with more people around.

to summarize it, the whole airport is in my opinion still in heavy construction mode (inside and outside).
under these conditions I don't believe it will be ready until the end of this month for the big move. let's see, Turks are famous for quick adaptation :)


Well, yes it's pretty warm and cosy inside but only in the Departures level. I was there last Sunday, naturally on the landside. Still some TK employees were wearing their overcoats (at the ticketing counter). However, at the Arrivals level, it was almost freezing. There were only IGA staff around and they were all drinking hot beverages and trying to stay alive in their overcoats, etc.

The Arrivals level is still mostly a ghostland, with many things to get organised. The ironic thing is that the arriving pax cannot go out to open air at the given level because the outside works are still going on. So they have to go up to the Departures level (by escalators and elevators) and therefore travel some distance like 150 to 350 meters (the international arrivers have worse luck) to reach taxis or buses. :oops:

I have started wondering how SHGM (Civil Aviation Authority-Turkey), which is a accredited member of ICAO, has approved/authorised this kind of awkward operation. In case of a serious emergency, arriving pax may not make it to the top floor safely! If the inspections were made by ICAO, directly, this facility most probably could not be "declared as operational" on Oct. 29th. :mad: :?:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:31 am

BTW; may I also remind you that there's another topic at the a.netter's forum, under the following thread:


https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1379061

Let's also keep this topic alive... Maybe post your messages (those entirely dedicated to the New Istanbul Airport) to both topics?

Best
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:04 am

mafaky wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
actually, quite the opposite. it was very cozy and warm inside, but only on the departure level. on the 2nd picture you'll see those black round cube alike things between the pillars. they produce some good amount of warm air. at the same time please bear in mind that the terminal is essentially deserted; don't know how this would work with more people around.

to summarize it, the whole airport is in my opinion still in heavy construction mode (inside and outside).
under these conditions I don't believe it will be ready until the end of this month for the big move. let's see, Turks are famous for quick adaptation :)


Well, yes it's pretty warm and cosy inside but only in the Departures level. I was there last Sunday, naturally on the landside. Still some TK employees were wearing their overcoats (at the ticketing counter). However, at the Arrivals level, it was almost freezing. There were only IGA staff around and they were all drinking hot beverages and trying to stay alive in their overcoats, etc.

The Arrivals level is still mostly a ghostland, with many things to get organised. The ironic thing is that the arriving pax cannot go out to open air at the given level because the outside works are still going on. So they have to go up to the Departures level (by escalators and elevators) and therefore travel some distance like 150 to 350 meters (the international arrivers have worse luck) to reach taxis or buses. :oops:

I have started wondering how SHGM (Civil Aviation Authority-Turkey), which is a accredited member of ICAO, has approved/authorised this kind of awkward operation. In case of a serious emergency, arriving pax may not make it to the top floor safely! If the inspections were made by ICAO, directly, this facility most probably could not be "declared as operational" on Oct. 29th. :mad: :?:

very true, recognized the same with pickup and busses leaving only from the departure level; however, I also saw one of the arrivals door partly open and manned by a guard. so in case of emergency I'm sure one could get out from there.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am

very true, recognized the same with pickup and busses leaving only from the departure level; however, I also saw one of the arrivals door partly open and manned by a guard. so in case of emergency I'm sure one could get out from there.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Some of the doors (including the ones on the Departures level, are opened now, closed a few hours later since they are carrying things in and out.

I was told a few more things:

1) The entry side of the Terminal (which is said to be 540 mt. long) doesn't consist of only two levels (floors) but there's a third basement level under the Arrivals floor. Most of the working staff in the terminal will enter thru this Service (Basement) level.
2) I'm not very sure about it, but the coaches (including private shuttles too, maybe) will also be departing from this lower level. The Arrivals level exits will be reserved only for taxis and maybe for private vehicle pickups. As far as I can see, the overall width of this section is not too wide, so the story about bigger sized vehicles (like busses) may indeed be true.
3) I also saw maze-like queing lines installed (like ones you enter when queing for the immigration, 2nd security check prior entering the airside) at the exit of each door at Arrivals level... Good idea for civilized queing, before any taxi drivers jump upon you, grab your arms or luggage. However these are not wide enough so you can enter them with your luggage cart. If you have too many pieces of luggage, you must find a way to get 4-5 arms!... :shock: :biggrin:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3824
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:58 pm

By the way folks, changing the subject a bit but...
I was in Petra, Jordan last month and TK built a covered tiered sitting area, bleachers at the entrance of Petra big enough for few hundred people. It has all kinds of TK posters surrounding it and it says if you show your TK ticket, you can get a 15% off of the entrance fee to Petra. Also TK put a pretty big video screen just outside the entrance gate showing TK commercials and also TK build a big sign that reads I Heart Petra where you can get your photo taken with the video screen at the back. Pretty smart for TK to do this and I can't believe Jordan is OK with this. I mean it is their major tourist attraction site and it has TK presence all over its entrance.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23036
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:05 pm

TK787 wrote:
I was in Petra, Jordan last month and TK built a covered tiered sitting area, bleachers at the entrance of Petra big enough for few hundred people. It has all kinds of TK posters surrounding it and it says if you show your TK ticket, you can get a 15% off of the entrance fee to Petra. Also TK put a pretty big video screen just outside the entrance gate showing TK commercials and also TK build a big sign that reads I Heart Petra where you can get your photo taken with the video screen at the back. Pretty smart for TK to do this and I can't believe Jordan is OK with this. I mean it is their major tourist attraction site and it has TK presence all over its entrance.


Its been going on for 2+years. Back in 2015, TK agreed to provide marketing sponsorship. Jordanian government seems quite happy to have this relationship.

https://ftnnews.com/news-from-turkey/29 ... petra.html
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkis ... tra--91375
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
Nami
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm

TK787 wrote:
TK to fly to Rovaniemi, Finland starting Dec5th, 3 x weekly. I just looked at it, population 61,000. What is the other factors for TK to start this route? Thanks.

As mentioned, Rovaniemi and Lapland as a whole see a decent amount of demand in the winter and especially around Christmas time. For example this December alone there are in total over 650 charter flights to five Lapland airports, most coming from the UK but there's also growing interest from Asia and I believe this is what TK is aiming at. RVN is definitely a winter only route and not relying on local demand. However with AY's extensive network in Asia it remains to be seen whether or not this will be successful for TK.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23036
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:17 am

According to story in Airline Weekly, Turkey should close out 2018 as the worlds 10th largest aviation market with estimated 115.9mil passengers.
This year Turkey will likely have passed France which is estimated to have 113.2mil. The gap to number 9 spot Brazil however is a big jump to 134.8mil.

Same source also list IST as the 4th busiest airport in Europe for 2019 Q1 based on published scheduled seats. (Top-5 are LHR, FRA, CDG, IST, AMS).
SAW comes in at the number 12 spot.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
SCQ83
Posts: 4665
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 am

TUI is launching new routes from Charleroi and Liège to AYT and from Liège to Izmir.

Tickets are already bookable.
 
Jetty
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:52 am

LAXintl wrote:
According to story in Airline Weekly, Turkey should close out 2018 as the worlds 10th largest aviation market with estimated 115.9mil passengers.

That number doesn’t make sense. Just the top 3 airports already have more passengers than that.
 
jmmadrid
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:14 pm

During his recent visit to Venezuela, Erdogan announced that TK will increase IST-HAV-CCS-IST to daily, up fom the current 3 weekly flights.

Sorry, link in Spanish only

http://www.eluniversal.com/economia/272 ... ooperacion

Is this route performing so well?
Or is it just political blah blah blah?

Back in July, Maduro announced during his visit to Turkey that Turkish "would open a base" in Caracas.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23036
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Jetty wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
According to story in Airline Weekly, Turkey should close out 2018 as the worlds 10th largest aviation market with estimated 115.9mil passengers.

That number doesn’t make sense. Just the top 3 airports already have more passengers than that.


I believe when they look at aviation market size, they consider only O&D, not double counting domestic connection, or international transit etc which airports count.

Probably a good way to confirm this is looking down the chart and they have single airport nations like Singapore with estimated 41.6mil in 2018, but SIN Changi airports total passenger count in 2018 will likely be 65+ million.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23036
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:00 pm

jmmadrid wrote:
During his recent visit to Venezuela, Erdogan announced that TK will increase IST-HAV-CCS-IST to daily, up fom the current 3 weekly flights.

Is this route performing so well?
Or is it just political blah blah blah?


Yes actually route is doing OK. TK already announced in September an increase to 4x weekly in 2019.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
BlueTrue
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 am

TK seem to be starting Lgw - Ayt 2x weekly S19. Lgw - Bjv increases to 3x weekly. as well.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
Atlasglobals first A330 went out for a test flight at MEX a day ago.

Airbus A330-203 700 TC- AtlasGlobal air-test at MEX 29nov18, EI-reg, full cs prior delivery ex EI-GEX

here is a picture of her found on planespotters.net
looks pretty neat to me.

Image
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:36 am

I’m at SAW, completing my 1st ESB-SAW-DXB-SAW-ESB trip on TK/EK combo. What a difference compared to all trouble you go through at IST (both in the terminal and in the air). I think SAW will be my favorite for a while. I took TK shuttle bus to transfer Domestic Lounge that leaves main terminal beginning of each quarter of an hour which is convenient.
The future is in the skies.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am

A few more comments after completing another pair of flights from ISL; this time including a domestic transfer:
- flight was met by TGS ground personell and assisted to the domestic transfer checkpoint; coming from ADB, 2-3 passengers continued to AYT whereas around 30 of us had ESB as their destination
- Same aircraft and crew ADB-ISL/ISL-ESB
- No security check at the transfer checkpoint except for boarding pass only; I believe, this is temporary since all Turkish airports with transfer facilities have transfer security checks, am I wrong? A police officer was standing there though and made sure everything is in order :)
- This time arrivals and departures to the South;
- Very critical point: very long taxi times(!!!). Especially on departure I meassured 32 min. from commencing taxi to takeoff roll. This is mindblowing considering the airport is nowadays basically empty. Add another 5-10 minutes maybe due to ground traffic and takeoff sequence. TK compensates it with longer scheduled blocktimes. For example, ADB-ISL is scheduled with 1:30 and ISL-ESB with 1:25. Flight time usually is not longer than 50min, but from customer perspective you are probably better off taking other means of travel if you start your journey in downtown Istanbul; minimum 1 hour to reach the airport, another hour for checking, waiting and boarding, 1:30hrs flight time, 15-30 minutes to get out in ESB and finally another 30-45 minutes to reach Ankara center. This adds up to almost 5 hours.
- I believe, the taxi times issue is a major bottleneck until the other runways are built. Particularly the West-East one across the domestic pier is key and urgently needed. Taxiing around the piers just take 10 minutes and today, aircraft go from one end (G-pier) to the other end (active runways)
- Still, a lot of small to medium size constructions going on inside the terminal gate areas. Finished and to be ready is surely another thing, but 31DEC is a big dream my dearest Turkish friends!
- Signs are up for the Turkish domestic lounge. I guess, it will be located on the ground level of the G-pier head. There were only elevators with the signs on across gate G6. Wondering if they are planning a seperate curbside entrance from landside to the lounge as well (like in IST, SAW, ADB, ESB...)?
- Since there is no lounge yet, entiltled passengers are currently invited one of the only snackbars ("Seferi"). You get some beverages, a choice of sandwiches and newspapers. Nothing to write home about...
- Finding wastebins could be challenging. Only a few are spread across the whole pier. In general, I was quite sad that the terminal already showed some signs of dirt. Come one guys, you only have a limited open space and even more limited amount of flights. Everywhere you put up big signs of "a monument of victory" with your Excellencies signature underneath, but you can't ensure a spotless and clean terminal?!? Really unfortunate, but reality...
- all flights I took so far from/to ISL were packed to the brim. I wasn't even able to book Business and my waitlist didn't get confirmed despite E-status

Thats it for the time being.
Still working on the trip report(s).
 
Blerg
Posts: 1008
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:43 am

That KK A332 looks really beautiful. What will they do with the aircraft? Will it be used on charters from the coast or from IST as well?
 
maverick4002
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm

TK787 wrote:
By the way folks, changing the subject a bit but...
I was in Petra, Jordan last month and TK built a covered tiered sitting area, bleachers at the entrance of Petra big enough for few hundred people. It has all kinds of TK posters surrounding it and it says if you show your TK ticket, you can get a 15% off of the entrance fee to Petra. Also TK put a pretty big video screen just outside the entrance gate showing TK commercials and also TK build a big sign that reads I Heart Petra where you can get your photo taken with the video screen at the back. Pretty smart for TK to do this and I can't believe Jordan is OK with this. I mean it is their major tourist attraction site and it has TK presence all over its entrance.


CanI private message you about Petra? I am going in February and have some questions
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1060
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

Hey everyone; I meant to comment about the new J class seats but we changed over months, I rally like the design and lay out honestly I don't think the 2-3-2 is a disaster, but I understand the point of no middle seat for J cabin. I hope with clever design TK can be 2-2-2 on all J cabin across the fleet without losing capacity.

Also from the 787 production thread according to member "817Dreamliner" First Turkish Airlines Boeing 787-9 will be LN865. I assume we will see roll out around march April 2019.
Onur air is adding 2 more A330's to its fleet:http://www.airporthaber.com/onur-air-haberleri/onur-air-filosuna-2-yeni-a330-geliyor.html
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 pm

If I'm not mistaken, first commercial Airbus operations commenced today from ISL with TC-JUI (320) operating flight TK2048 to TZX.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:57 pm

LLA001 wrote:
I am one of the desperate people trying to pile up miles by the end of the year :)

I just read the fine detail on the 5x status miles for all flights to/from ISL, it says that all of the extra miles earned will be given together at the end of the campaign which is at the end of the year. My card status will be downgraded at the end of the year as well.

So the time I earn the miles and the time I am downgraded is the same ( 31st december midnight), do you think I will be able to use those miles to keep my status ?

...question from last months' thread:

answer: (5x) status miles are directly credited to your account together with bonus miles
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:23 pm

The Fenerbahce football team will arrive in Bratislava tomorrow on a Freebird A320. They will then travel on to Trnava, where they will face Spartak Trnava in the UEFA Europa League:

http://europaleaguecharters.blogspot.co ... -2018.html
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Joelatbsl wrote:
The Fenerbahce football team will arrive in Bratislava tomorrow on a Freebird A320. They will then travel on to Trnava, where they will face Spartak Trnava in the UEFA Europa League:

http://europaleaguecharters.blogspot.co ... -2018.html


Good thing they're not going the bulk of that distance by bus this time hehe. :D
Just a 35-minute bus ride to Trnava from the small airport in Bratislava.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3824
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Craziest thing!!!
I was looking at some tickets at TK website and all of a sudden I got this message on my screen:
"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.turkishairlines.com/" on this server"
It lasted about an hour and I could not go to the website. Is this common? Thanks.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos