AMSMAN
Topic Author

17 Feared Dead In Light Aircraft Crash In Cuba

Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:36 pm

07:28 Friday March 15th 2002

Seventeen people, including 13 Western tourists, are feared dead today after a light aircraft crash in Cuba. Reports said the AN-2 plane, operated by Cuban airline Aerotaxi, crashed at 4.30pm yesterday near the city of Santa Clara, 160 miles east of Havana. Officials said the four Cuban crew, along with five Britons, six Canadians and two Germans, were killed in the accident. The plane came down while en route from the southern town of Cienfuegos to the island resort of Cayo Coco in the north. The cause of the crash is unknown.

Lets hop there alright!!

AMSMAN
Aer Lingus, Proud to be Irish.

caribb

RE: 17 Feared Dead In Light Aircraft Crash In Cuba

Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:34 pm

Horrible thing... anyone able to post a pic of this plane. When I was in Veradero last year there was a blue & white bi-plane that flew quite low over the resort and appeared to be taxiing people around the region. it more or less fits the description of the plane I've heard described on the radio. I do recall seeing the title Aero Postale on the side though, but I was wondering if it was the same type of plane.. definately Russian and according to radio reports here in Montreal, the one that crashed was also a bi-plane... my heart goes out to all the families and friends or the victims..

caribb

RE: 17 Feared Dead In Light Aircraft Crash In Cuba

Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:37 am

Turns out the Canadians are all Montrealers.. and in one case an entire family .. very sad...  Sad