Delta332
Topic Author

Delta Summer 19 Schedule?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Does anyone have any idea when this will be announced?

Midwestindy

Re: Delta Summer 19 Schedule?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Delta332 wrote:

What are you asking?

Delta's schedule is open through October 2019, however they will be making changes (frequencies, routes, timing, e.t.c) to their Summer schedule from now until Spring.
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018:AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, YYZ, ZRH

evank516

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Take everything with a grain of salt if you are looking more than 90 days out.

Delta332
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Delta332 wrote:

What are you asking?

Delta's schedule is open through October 2019, however they will be making changes (frequencies, routes, timing, e.t.c) to their Summer schedule from now until Spring.

Usually, someone will post a detailed schedule for the summer for each of the US airlines with the route, frequency and aircraft type. I can look at the schedules for each airline, but its alwasy interesting to see it and the various comments.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm

As a rough rule of thumb:

International flights are typically relatively stable 6 months out. Frequency and equipment type may be tuned until 3 months out.

Domestic flights and equipment are tuned until about 3 months out.

Everything outside of that is a placeholder / rough schedule that will generally mirror the prior years schedule inclusive of any changes rolled forward.

I would not get too focused on equipment type on any given route or flight at this point, particularly on routes that see a lot of deviation month over month or any given frequency.

FSDan

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:21 pm

FWIW I've been watching carefully, and DL just this last weekend finally loaded the finalized schedule for January/February 2019. Up until then, things had been pretty well set, but the turn times were off (e.g. a 38 minute turn for an A320 when DL typically does 45 minute turns for 320s), and I believe there were a few aircraft swaps. So don't expect a firm domestic schedule for summer until April/May.

On the international front, there still remain to be some tweaks. For example, the currently loaded summer schedule would require 34 A330-300s, while DL only has 31. You can expect to see a few routes moved from the 333 to the 339, 332, and/or 764 over the coming months. Also, we haven't heard DL's decision on U.S.-India nonstop flying yet...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

MIflyer12

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Delta332 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Delta332 wrote:

What are you asking?

Usually, someone will post a detailed schedule for the summer for each of the US airlines with the route, frequency and aircraft type. I can look at the schedules for each airline, but its alwasy interesting to see it and the various comments.

What you're saying is you want somebody else to do the work.

binayak

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Is there any information on the upcoming Mumbai flight in the summer schedule?
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

DTWorld

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 pm

binayak wrote:

I have been wondering the same thing. You would think we would hear something by now, but it feels like all the talk was simply smoke and mirrors.

panamair

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 pm

DTWorld wrote:
binayak wrote:

I have been wondering the same thing. You would think we would hear something by now, but it feels like all the talk was simply smoke and mirrors.

Peak season for India is the northern winter season, so don't expect BOM to start till late October 2019.

winginit

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:47 pm

panamair wrote:
DTWorld wrote:
binayak wrote:

Peak season for India is the northern winter season, so don't expect BOM to start till late October 2019.

Correct. I wouldn’t expect an announcement until March of 2019 once the Summer schedule is more or less concrete.

RJNUT

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 am

I travel domestic to TVC often in summer and don't book until mid to late April at earliest as it never seems firm before then, especially re:equip. types(which matters to me)

IPFreely

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 am

DTWorld wrote:
binayak wrote:

Delta's original announcement said full details on this route (like what city) would be announced in late 2018:
https://news.delta.com/delta-serve-mumb ... op-us-2019

it seems that the silence on India is speaking volumes and it probably was just smoke and mirrors.

Atlwarrior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:19 am

I want to know how Delta is going to handle the Super Bowl rush and if any flights are added.

deltal1011man

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 am

Atlwarrior wrote:
I want to know how Delta is going to handle the Super Bowl rush and if any flights are added.

generally wont see any of that till the super bowl is set.

highly likely Delta adds rotations and extra capacity to the cities that send teams to the super bowl.

Midwestindy

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Delta332 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Delta332 wrote:

What are you asking?

You mean the widebody schedule, or the full Delta schedule?

There is a Delta Widebody thread already which does something similar

But I have never seen someone post a detailed schedule for each route, frequency, and aircraft type, that list would be terribly long to look at.

Perhaps you are referring to the Delta Network thread?
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018:AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, YYZ, ZRH

FSDan

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:02 pm

IPFreely wrote:
DTWorld wrote:
binayak wrote:

Delta's original announcement said full details on this route (like what city) would be announced in late 2018:

it seems that the silence on India is speaking volumes and it probably was just smoke and mirrors.

It's also possible that they've been waiting to see how things go with 9W before they jump in. I'm sure any business case for restarting a nonstop to India hinged on having a strong partner on the BOM end...

All that said, DL does still have two aircraft worth of bandwith in the 77L fleet in the S19 schedule. The three frames that will have Delta One Suites will be flying LAX-CDG and LAX-SYD, and the other 7 frames are currently only scheduled to cover ATL-JNB, ATL-AMS x1, and ATL-PVG, which require 5 frames to operate.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

Atlwarrior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Atlwarrior wrote:

That makes sense.

carljanderson

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:27 pm

IPFreely wrote:
DTWorld wrote:
binayak wrote:

Well, investor day is the 13th.. maybe then?

PHLspecial

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Atlwarrior wrote:

Last year when the Superbowl Eagles won the NFC champion game, I think two days later Delta loaded the schedule for travel from PHL to MSP for the Superbowl weekend and Monday, All they did was add a bunch of B757 running basically even hour.

hkcanadaexpat

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
But I have never seen someone post a detailed schedule for each route, frequency, and aircraft type, that list would be terribly long to look at.

Things have changed since then and continue changing but post #590 of the Delta Widebody Thread provides an initial crack at it.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382633&p=20597073&hilit=summer+2019#p20597073

deltal1011man

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Delta332 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

What are you asking?

Sometimes FSdan will do a summer thread for the big three that will break down flights per hub and flights per type per hub. I'm assuming that is what the OP is talking about.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos