Oykie
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
I don’t Sweden will remove the tax any longer. New government is finally settled and as I understand part of the agreement was to keep the tax.


That’s bad. I thought it was going anyway with the new budget. The way aviation tax is used it does not help the environment, but makes people choose other airports as connecting point.
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
Oykie
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
I don’t Sweden will remove the tax any longer. New government is finally settled and as I understand part of the agreement was to keep the tax.


That’s bad. I thought it was going anyway with the new budget. The way aviation tax is used it does not help the environment, but makes people choose other airports as connecting point.
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
Blerg
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Won't there be too much capacity on VIE-CPH with Austrian Airlines, Laudamotion and now Level all offering flights? Also, in a month Wizz Air is launching its own MMX-VIE flights. Let's see who is the first one to crack.

As for SK's CPH-WAW, I am sure they get quite a lot of connecting passengers from LO's flights.
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Oykie wrote:
JCCLAG wrote:
I don’t Sweden will remove the tax any longer. New government is finally settled and as I understand part of the agreement was to keep the tax.


That’s bad. I thought it was going anyway with the new budget. The way aviation tax is used it does not help the environment, but makes people choose other airports as connecting point.


Yes and as I understand the tax it is a simple “fiscal tax”. There are no incentives to look for better alternatives. Just one more tax.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Interesting. Japanese news media Mainichi says the timetable for the route is this:

    The route will be operated from 15 December 2019 through 27 March 2020.

    Helsinki – Sapporo Chitose on Thursday and Sunday
    17:05-9:00(+1)

    Sapporo Chitose – Helsinki on Monday and Friday
    11:25-14:10

Additionally, there are people (for example on Twitter) saying that Finnair has already announced the route. However, Finnair hasn't itself published anything.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Nami
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am

AY has confirmed the launch of Sapporo, and they will also fly a leisure route to Punta Cana in W19/20, apparently instead of Puerto Vallarta.

https://company.finnair.com/en/media/al ... id=3176664
 
User avatar
HELyes
Posts: 1637
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 am

Nami wrote:
AY has confirmed the launch of Sapporo, and they will also fly a leisure route to Punta Cana in W19/20, apparently instead of Puerto Vallarta.

https://company.finnair.com/en/media/al ... id=3176664


Great Sapporo was confirmed, a new service for European skiers mainly, unless expanded to summer in future.

Punta Cana was kind of a surprise, they already serve Puerto Plata in Dominican Rep. and that will continue. They had Punta Cana before though, some 20? years ago. Yes this probably means the end of their longest A350 route so far, PVR in Mexico.
 
Blerg
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 am

Wizz Air has announced new routes from North Macedonia. Two are in the Nordic region... both flights receive government subsidies to operate.

Skopje-Turku
Ohrid-Malmo
 
airevents
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:20 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 am

Whatever happened to the successor of Nextjet? From what I heard there were quite concrete plans to relaunch some of its routes...
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Nami wrote:
AY has confirmed the launch of Sapporo, and they will also fly a leisure route to Punta Cana in W19/20, apparently instead of Puerto Vallarta.

https://company.finnair.com/en/media/al ... id=3176664

This is good news. Sapporo was expected and I thought it would be Punta Cana if they decided to open a new Latin American destination.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Blerg wrote:
Wizz Air has announced new routes from North Macedonia. Two are in the Nordic region... both flights receive government subsidies to operate.

Skopje-Turku
Ohrid-Malmo


Their fifth destination from Turku. Fingers crossed that sooner or later they will place a plane at TKU.
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Air traffic controllers in Finland are striking; Tuesdays and Saturdays 0200-0800 and Thursdays 1300-1500. This shouldn't cause major cancellations but rather delays, as supervisors will be at work at mentioned hours.
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:40 pm

What happened to flight D8124 today? It was just about to land at RVN but then returned to HEL.
 
Efhkspotter
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:02 pm

ilari wrote:
What happened to flight D8124 today? It was just about to land at RVN but then returned to HEL.


Diverted back to HEL due to runway condition at RVN. Flight cancelled.
 
kruiseri
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Does anyboby know why Finnair changed the schedule on AY5/AY6 (HEL-JFK) starting April ? The flight now departs 1230 from HEL (1420 previously) and 1905 from JFK (1745 previously). The plane sits at the JFK tarmac now for 4.5 hrs. It's back at HEL at 1010, so it only does a quick 2+ hr turnaround before it goes back.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm

airevents wrote:
Whatever happened to the successor of Nextjet? From what I heard there were quite concrete plans to relaunch some of its routes...


Trafikverket have found new operators, so the routes are up and running (flying) again.
 
okobjorn
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:03 pm

SAS CEO Rickard Gustafsson mentions the opportunity to open a direct route from Aarhus to New York:
https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund ... rk/7476827

When will we stop hearing these one-off dreams that will (almost) never become reality?
 
User avatar
AAR
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm

SAS has started to open rutes from AAR to different destinations in Europe, and it is logic to open up a route from AAR to NYC because many travellers travel today from BLL via AMS, FRA or London Heathrow to NYC. SAS did in the past fly from Gothenburg with a DC10. SAS can fast get the Airbus321LR - and have announced they will make the decision within few months time. Gotherburg and Bergen, Stavanger can also be brought into the table as airports.
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

My personal wishes if SAS buys some A321LR is that they instead expand the N-America network from CPH towards BOS, YUL or YYZ. Understand they have to meet the other competitors on smaller cities. Just believe that is practically impossible. I believe a better approach is to focus on one hub and have competetive feeder to that hub.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:24 am

Flightradar24 shows three consecutive Tibet Airlines' flights from Jinan to HEL as of Jan 23, one flight per day between Jan 23 and Jan 25. There might be some Chinese people going to meet Finnish representatives.

Flight TV998
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Kikko19
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 am

AAR wrote:
SAS has started to open rutes from AAR to different destinations in Europe, and it is logic to open up a route from AAR to NYC because many travellers travel today from BLL via AMS, FRA or London Heathrow to NYC. SAS did in the past fly from Gothenburg with a DC10. SAS can fast get the Airbus321LR - and have announced they will make the decision within few months time. Gotherburg and Bergen, Stavanger can also be brought into the table as airports.

If DY will get the plane first (very likely) and survive IMHO will try to anticipate SK move. Of course they could deploy it in Dub or LGW first but also Scandinavia is an option.
 
smbukas
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:36 am

kruiseri wrote:
Does anyboby know why Finnair changed the schedule on AY5/AY6 (HEL-JFK) starting April ? The flight now departs 1230 from HEL (1420 previously) and 1905 from JFK (1745 previously). The plane sits at the JFK tarmac now for 4.5 hrs. It's back at HEL at 1010, so it only does a quick 2+ hr turnaround before it goes back.


I think it is to make connections better work on both ends. Earlier arrival in JFK means more connections on AA forward. Later departure from JFK means more connecting traffic caught from AA flights also. It doesn't mean the same aircraft operating HEL-JFK-HEL every day - they may switch with Asian flights.

Also at HEL side: earlier departure from HEL still catches most of the regional connections in HEL airport. I see, for example, they altered flights HEL-VNO-HEL also to better accommodate connections, no they have separate VNO-HEL rotations for USA flights and Asian flights.
 
Nami
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 am

QuawerAir wrote:
Flightradar24 shows three consecutive Tibet Airlines' flights from Jinan to HEL as of Jan 23, one flight per day between Jan 23 and Jan 25. There might be some Chinese people going to meet Finnish representatives.

Flight TV998

No, those most likely mean nothing else than FR24 showing up its own numbers again, there was already a TV-coded flight at the beginning of the year which, needless to say, didn’t actually exist.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:51 am

Finavia has now announced/confirmed that Juneyao Airlines will launch daily flights between PVG and HEL. The exact launch date is still unknown but the flights are scheduled to start in June or July.

Finavia
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
VSMUT
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:55 am

AAR wrote:
SAS has started to open rutes from AAR to different destinations in Europe, and it is logic to open up a route from AAR to NYC because many travellers travel today from BLL via AMS, FRA or London Heathrow to NYC. SAS did in the past fly from Gothenburg with a DC10. SAS can fast get the Airbus321LR - and have announced they will make the decision within few months time. Gotherburg and Bergen, Stavanger can also be brought into the table as airports.


Ugh, why Aarhus though? That airport is so remote that it's completely impractical unless you live in Aarhus. Billund would be much more sensible, easily accessible from Aarhus, Funnen, mid- and southern Jutland.
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:06 pm

While talking about routes from the Far East to Helsinki is en vogue ... Jokerit Helsinki will return from the Far Eastern road trip over night, using a Finnair A319 they have been using for the entire trip. The flight from Khabarovsk to Helsinki will stop in Novosibirsk for fuel:

https://hockeycharters.blogspot.com/201 ... -2019.html
 
kruiseri
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:50 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Finavia has now announced/confirmed that Juneyao Airlines will launch daily flights between PVG and HEL. The exact launch date is still unknown but the flights are scheduled to start in June or July.

Finavia


I don't get it. It says this is a Star Alliance airline, are they going to be reliying on feed from SK and LH on this ?
 
Nami
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:16 pm

That’s a bit unclear at the moment, but what is known is that Finnair and Juneyao signed some sort of an MoU in November regarding the latter’s pax and cargo traffic between PVG and HEL. Obviously they need feed for the route to work with the planned frequency.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4048
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:29 pm

VSMUT wrote:
Ugh, why Aarhus though? That airport is so remote that it's completely impractical unless you live in Aarhus. Billund would be much more sensible, easily accessible from Aarhus, Funnen, mid- and southern Jutland.


The event took part in Aarhus, thats why.

We’ve seen the same with Norwegian everytime Norwegian’s CEO has visited any second tier town in Scandinavia
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:33 pm

More flights to China from the Nordics:
Hainan Airlines launches 3x weekly Beijing-Oslo service with A330-300 on 15 May 2019.

Airlineroute
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4048
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:23 pm

New cargo operator and route at OSL: Air Cargo Global startet yesterday a 2x weekly Oslo-Tianjin service using 747-400F

In Norwegian:
https://www.ntbinfo.no/pressemelding/sk ... d=17859310
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:51 pm

ARN: Dubai overtook New York as the busiest intercontinental route in 2018.

Top 5:
1. DXB: 332,532 (+20.7%)
2. NYC: 324,989 (-1.4%)
3. DOH: 286,891 (+.8.6%)
4. BKK: 272,156 (-3.2%), in 2017, BKK was the 2nd busiest
5. LAX: 216,150 (+2.1%)

Other notable changes:
6. PEK: 145,077 (+6.8%)
8. HKG: 86,198 (-20.1%)
9. ADD: 79,339 (+46.0%)
12. DEL: 64,574 (+201.0%)
14. TLV: 50,099 (+51.6%)
15. HRG: 43,270 (+66.4%)
18. AGA: 23,191 (+129.5%)
19. PVG: 22,970 (NEW)

Data source

Does anyone know, how many passengers flew between SIN and ARN in 2018? Swedavia seems to not count those passengers as SIN is not a non-stop route.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
tkoenig95
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
My personal wishes if SAS buys some A321LR is that they instead expand the N-America network from CPH towards BOS, YUL or YYZ. Understand they have to meet the other competitors on smaller cities. Just believe that is practically impossible. I believe a better approach is to focus on one hub and have competetive feeder to that hub.

I would seem fitting for SAS to beat Norwegian at their own game and start the point-to-point, smaller market service with LR narrow-bodies. With Primera out and WOW struggling, one can only assume the legacy carriers can try out the business model let open by others.
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:19 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
JCCLAG wrote:
My personal wishes if SAS buys some A321LR is that they instead expand the N-America network from CPH towards BOS, YUL or YYZ. Understand they have to meet the other competitors on smaller cities. Just believe that is practically impossible. I believe a better approach is to focus on one hub and have competetive feeder to that hub.

I would seem fitting for SAS to beat Norwegian at their own game and start the point-to-point, smaller market service with LR narrow-bodies. With Primera out and WOW struggling, one can only assume the legacy carriers can try out the business model let open by others.

Sure but is that not a completely different ball game if you want to start up competition against point to point LCCs’? Has not the traditional airlines that tried this turned to its roots and focsued their energy on one (or two) well connected hub(s), supported with an extensive feeder network. As I understand that is what the majority of the targeted customer base wants as well.

Anyway I do not think SAS can both have a 3 hub strategy (something that in iself is extreme) and a point to point LR from secondary Scandinavian cities. They are not that big...
 
User avatar
teme82
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:30 am

I wont hold my breath for the Chinese carriers starting flights. They have been talks them to start flying to HEL for some time now. I believe when the planes land at HEL
Flying high and low
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 pm

teme82 wrote:
I wont hold my breath for the Chinese carriers starting flights. They have been talks them to start flying to HEL for some time now. I believe when the planes land at HEL

Unfortunately, that's true. This time, however, a Chinese carrier actually landing at HEL seems more likely than before, especially China Southern. Even though CZ hasn't yet announced the launch of CAN-HEL route, the airline begins a "strategic partnership" with Finnair and thus making the route very likely.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:49 pm

In 2018, 15 of the 25 busiest European routes from ARN saw a decreased number of passengers, destinations including LON, CPH, AMS, BER, DUS and several routes to Spain. Here we can probably see how the aviation tax has affected the PAX numbers. The most significant factor in decreasing PAX numbers to BER and DUS is the bankruptcy of Air Berlin in 2017 though.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4048
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:26 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
In 2018, 15 of the 25 busiest European routes from ARN saw a decreased number of passengers, destinations including LON, CPH, AMS, BER, DUS and several routes to Spain. Here we can probably see how the aviation tax has affected the PAX numbers. The most significant factor in decreasing PAX numbers to BER and DUS is the bankruptcy of Air Berlin in 2017 though.


Do you have the full list?
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Someone83 wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
In 2018, 15 of the 25 busiest European routes from ARN saw a decreased number of passengers, destinations including LON, CPH, AMS, BER, DUS and several routes to Spain. Here we can probably see how the aviation tax has affected the PAX numbers. The most significant factor in decreasing PAX numbers to BER and DUS is the bankruptcy of Air Berlin in 2017 though.


Do you have the full list?

Yes. There is the list of Top 25 European routes and Top 20 intercontinental routes on Wikipedia (shows the percentage change as well).
The full list including other airports operated by Swedavia is behind this link: Destination statistics 2018 (excel)
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:04 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
In 2018, 15 of the 25 busiest European routes from ARN saw a decreased number of passengers, destinations including LON, CPH, AMS, BER, DUS and several routes to Spain. Here we can probably see how the aviation tax has affected the PAX numbers. The most significant factor in decreasing PAX numbers to BER and DUS is the bankruptcy of Air Berlin in 2017 though.


I wouldn't blame everything on the tax. There was a very hot summer, which probably had an impact on the number of passengers to Spain and other mediterranean destinations.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Bostrom wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
In 2018, 15 of the 25 busiest European routes from ARN saw a decreased number of passengers, destinations including LON, CPH, AMS, BER, DUS and several routes to Spain. Here we can probably see how the aviation tax has affected the PAX numbers. The most significant factor in decreasing PAX numbers to BER and DUS is the bankruptcy of Air Berlin in 2017 though.


I wouldn't blame everything on the tax. There was a very hot summer, which probably had an impact on the number of passengers to Spain and other mediterranean destinations.

True, I forgot that. The hot summer, however, seemed not to have an impact on passenger volume on Spanish routes to HEL.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Bostrom wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
In 2018, 15 of the 25 busiest European routes from ARN saw a decreased number of passengers, destinations including LON, CPH, AMS, BER, DUS and several routes to Spain. Here we can probably see how the aviation tax has affected the PAX numbers. The most significant factor in decreasing PAX numbers to BER and DUS is the bankruptcy of Air Berlin in 2017 though.


I wouldn't blame everything on the tax. There was a very hot summer, which probably had an impact on the number of passengers to Spain and other mediterranean destinations.

True, I forgot that. The hot summer, however, seemed not to have an impact on passenger volume on Spanish routes to HEL.


It seems like Swedes and Finns reacted to the heat in different ways.
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 pm

An Iraero SU95 is on the way to Helsinki at the moment, bringing in the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk hockey team for the match at Hartwall against Jokerit tomorrow:

http://hockeycharters.blogspot.com/2019 ... ow-vs.html
 
User avatar
HELyes
Posts: 1637
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 am

Bostrom wrote:


Finnish holiday makers typically want to secure a certain resort and hotel and book their holiday early, especially families and older folk. It's often hard to find last minute offers during the school holidays.The summer 2017 was cold and rainy in Finland, this also supported the strong numbers in summer 2018.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Once again, Finnair schedules limited-time A350 operation to New York JFK, on 6 March 2019 and 13 March 2019. For some reason, AY does a few A350 flights to JFK occasionally but hasn't started A350 operations there on a regular basis.

Twitter
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
armchairceonr1
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Once again, Finnair schedules limited-time A350 operation to New York JFK, on 6 March 2019 and 13 March 2019. For some reason, AY does a few A350 flights to JFK occasionally but hasn't started A350 operations there on a regular basis.

Twitter

Maybe they have good reason for it. HEL-JFK is one of their shortest LH route, it doesn't need A350. AY send A350 destinations where it's capacity needed.
 
Northpole
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:17 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
Isn’t for instance ICN within a a 24 hour turnaround? Even with a safe margin? And with that why is more than one aircraft needed?


My guess is that they will simply replace the 340:s a.s.a.p and replace them with the 350;s -
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 am

Northpole wrote:
JCCLAG wrote:
Isn’t for instance ICN within a a 24 hour turnaround? Even with a safe margin? And with that why is more than one aircraft needed?


My guess is that they will simply replace the 340:s a.s.a.p and replace them with the 350;s -


Thanks for input

I read that some speculate that if the oil price is low SAS might keep the 340:s and use the new 350:s to expand. This together with some 321LR (that some also speculate they will acquire) could be the basis for something really interesting.
 
cityairline
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Today Mr. Al Baker of Qatar Airways visited Gothenburg to hold a press conference about the new five weekly 787 service launched last month.

http://news.cision.com/no/qatar-airways ... t,c2723175

A few people I know who were there said that he was already very impressed with GOT’s performance and booking figures have been higher than expected.
Al Baker claimed that GOT will shortly become daily and that even double daily is possible further ahead!
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 am

Air Serbia plans to commence year-round services to several destinations this year, including Helsinki. The flights will apparently begin during the 2nd half of the year.

exyuaviation.com

BEG is a nice addition to Helsinki's network and it's always great to see new airlines at HEL, especially with year-round flights.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos