User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 pm

SAS have announced that they'll lease 3 A321LR to enter service next year
http://news.cision.com/sas/r/sas-expand ... e,c2723923
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
okobjorn
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 pm

SAS to add three A321LR to their fleet. First flight in early 2020: https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-expands ... ong-range/

CPH-BOS daily is probably a candidate as well as the 2nd daily CPH-EWR rotation. What else?
 
kanye
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:32 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:12 pm

okobjorn wrote:
SAS to add three A321LR to their fleet. First flight in early 2020: https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-expands ... ong-range/

CPH-BOS daily is probably a candidate as well as the 2nd daily CPH-EWR rotation. What else?





Great choice of SAS, i would bet on GOT-EWR.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4041
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:19 pm

okobjorn wrote:
SAS to add three A321LR to their fleet. First flight in early 2020: https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-expands ... ong-range/

CPH-BOS daily is probably a candidate as well as the 2nd daily CPH-EWR rotation. What else?


At least in the winter. CPH-EWR is full during the summer, so doubt we see less capacity here
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm

CPH-BOS but how about some new routes instead of adding capacity to EWR, such as: CPH-YYZ, CPH-YUL or CPH-BOM.
 
okobjorn
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:39 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
CPH-BOS but how about some new routes instead of adding capacity to EWR, such as: CPH-YYZ, CPH-YUL or CPH-BOM.


YYZ is covered well by AC. BOM is definitely a candidate.
How about OSL-ORD?
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:44 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
CPH-BOS but how about some new routes instead of adding capacity to EWR, such as: CPH-YYZ, CPH-YUL or CPH-BOM.


CPH-YYZ won't happen when SAS have a close cooperation with Air Canada on that route.
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 pm

okobjorn wrote:
JCCLAG wrote:
CPH-BOS but how about some new routes instead of adding capacity to EWR, such as: CPH-YYZ, CPH-YUL or CPH-BOM.


YYZ is covered well by AC. BOM is definitely a candidate.
How about OSL-ORD?

I know YYZ is covered by AC but SAS is not present at all in canada and it is a big country. OSL-ORD is also a good candidate.

First route announcement spring 2019 so time will tell.
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Saw this statement “Vi kan flyve til destinationer, hvor vi ved, at der er en efterspørgsel -  men bare ikke nok til at fylde et af de helt store fly. Det kan være fra København til Boston, hvor der er lavsæson om vinteren, men hvor vi med de nye fly kan opretholde fuldt program hele året. Eller det kan være sene aftenflyvninger til New York."

"Det kan også give os muligheder for at skabe nye ruter til destinationer i Canada, Mellemøsten eller Indien. Og endelig er der altså muligheden for direkte afgange fra regionale lufthavne, hvor det tidligere har været urealistisk at fylde et af de store fly“.

Suppose he keeps all options open.
 
IADCA
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:19 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
Saw this statement “Vi kan flyve til destinationer, hvor vi ved, at der er en efterspørgsel -  men bare ikke nok til at fylde et af de helt store fly. Det kan være fra København til Boston, hvor der er lavsæson om vinteren, men hvor vi med de nye fly kan opretholde fuldt program hele året. Eller det kan være sene aftenflyvninger til New York."

"Det kan også give os muligheder for at skabe nye ruter til destinationer i Canada, Mellemøsten eller Indien. Og endelig er der altså muligheden for direkte afgange fra regionale lufthavne, hvor det tidligere har været urealistisk at fylde et af de store fly“.

Suppose he keeps all options open.


Sure does. That's a lot of words to say not very much. It seems to not really narrow down the field at all, really, as the 321LR could be useful for new destinations (Canada as mentioned above), new direct connections like GOT-EWR (also implied above) or also connecting dots between existing destinations (things like ORD-OSL, or ARN/OSL-IAD).
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Since it is only 3 planes one could wonder if this is a trial. If it turns out well they will convert some of the orders they have on A321neo to LR. Then I suppose they will be better equipped to realise all those ideas.
Last edited by JCCLAG on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
HermansCVR580
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 1999 5:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Wonder if with the introduction of the A-350's and A-321LR's if we may see the introduction of a new color scheme?
The right decision at the wrong time, is still a wrong decision. "Hal Carr"
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
Saw this statement “Vi kan flyve til destinationer, hvor vi ved, at der er en efterspørgsel -  men bare ikke nok til at fylde et af de helt store fly. Det kan være fra København til Boston, hvor der er lavsæson om vinteren, men hvor vi med de nye fly kan opretholde fuldt program hele året. Eller det kan være sene aftenflyvninger til New York."

"Det kan også give os muligheder for at skabe nye ruter til destinationer i Canada, Mellemøsten eller Indien. Og endelig er der altså muligheden for direkte afgange fra regionale lufthavne, hvor det tidligere har været urealistisk at fylde et af de store fly“.

Suppose he keeps all options open.


It would be nice if you can also provide a English translation. Thanks.
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:51 pm

SQ22 wrote:
JCCLAG wrote:
Saw this statement “Vi kan flyve til destinationer, hvor vi ved, at der er en efterspørgsel -  men bare ikke nok til at fylde et af de helt store fly. Det kan være fra København til Boston, hvor der er lavsæson om vinteren, men hvor vi med de nye fly kan opretholde fuldt program hele året. Eller det kan være sene aftenflyvninger til New York."

"Det kan også give os muligheder for at skabe nye ruter til destinationer i Canada, Mellemøsten eller Indien. Og endelig er der altså muligheden for direkte afgange fra regionale lufthavne, hvor det tidligere har været urealistisk at fylde et af de store fly“.

Suppose he keeps all options open.


It would be nice if you can also provide a English translation. Thanks.


I’ll see if I can do my own translation. -This opens up a possibility where they can see a demand but not that big to fill a large plane. That could be Boston with low season in the winter or, an evening flight to NY. It can also open up routes to Canada, Middle East or India.
And finally a possibility to fly from a regional airport where it has never been realistic to fill any of the larger planes”

As I said he keeps all options open... Personally I just hope they do not use these for the “regional airport” option.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Norwegian axes ARN-MXP route on 29 March 2019.

italiavola.com

Do you know whether there are other Norwegian's routes that will be cut?

HEL-PRG seems to end on that date as well, unfortunately (according to the booking system).
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Blerg
Posts: 1323
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:01 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Norwegian axes ARN-MXP route on 29 March 2019.

italiavola.com

Do you know whether there are other Norwegian's routes that will be cut?

HEL-PRG seems to end on that date as well, unfortunately (according to the booking system).


Аre they cutting MXP due to the government tax?
 
kanye
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:32 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm

Blerg wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
Norwegian axes ARN-MXP route on 29 March 2019.

italiavola.com

Do you know whether there are other Norwegian's routes that will be cut?

HEL-PRG seems to end on that date as well, unfortunately (according to the booking system).


Аre they cutting MXP due to the government tax?



Most probably they are cutting it to reduce their losses of money.
Taxes are of course one reason. Also that SAS, EasyJet, Ryanair and Alitalia are all flying Stockholm to Milan.
I think the demand is simply not enough for five airlines flying this route.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:41 am

As Zoedyn wrote on another thread, China Southern's CAN-HEL service seems to be happening almost certainly. If yes, there will be 58 weekly flights to Greater China in S19, instead of 38.

The service will be operated with Airbus A330 (as expected), but I hope A350, for instance, will be deployed to the route in the future.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 am

Yet another new airline starting to serve HEL, Air Serbia starts flying from Belgrad in June.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:28 am

ilari wrote:
Yet another new airline starting to serve HEL, Air Serbia starts flying from Belgrad in June.

Yeah, flights will commence on 1 June 2019, 3x weekly service year-round.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
AAR
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:54 am

SAS will probably change to a new color scheme... there have been talks about it over the last week in interviews with leading people in SAS and maybe introduced on the new A350..or the new A330E coming soon
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:44 am

AAR wrote:
SAS will probably change to a new color scheme... there have been talks about it over the last week in interviews with leading people in SAS and maybe introduced on the new A350..or the new A330E coming soon


I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It would fit perfectly as they recently changed their logo on boarding passes, menu cards, safety on board cards, the food cubes etc. Even the Air Nostrum CRJ-1000s flying for SAS have the new logo on them.
I've also heard rumours/plans about an A350 in retro livery
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
VSMUT
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 pm

SASViking wrote:
AAR wrote:
SAS will probably change to a new color scheme... there have been talks about it over the last week in interviews with leading people in SAS and maybe introduced on the new A350..or the new A330E coming soon


I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It would fit perfectly as they recently changed their logo on boarding passes, menu cards, safety on board cards, the food cubes etc. Even the Air Nostrum CRJ-1000s flying for SAS have the new logo on them.
I've also heard rumours/plans about an A350 in retro livery


What's the new logo? Is it just the old "SAS" without being placed in a blue box?
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:38 pm

VSMUT wrote:
SASViking wrote:
AAR wrote:
SAS will probably change to a new color scheme... there have been talks about it over the last week in interviews with leading people in SAS and maybe introduced on the new A350..or the new A330E coming soon


I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It would fit perfectly as they recently changed their logo on boarding passes, menu cards, safety on board cards, the food cubes etc. Even the Air Nostrum CRJ-1000s flying for SAS have the new logo on them.
I've also heard rumours/plans about an A350 in retro livery


What's the new logo? Is it just the old "SAS" without being placed in a blue box?

Yes it is.
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
HermansCVR580
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 1999 5:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:09 pm

When was the current livery introduced? Late 90's? I loved the SAS 767's and DC-10's at ORD as a kid in the livery before the current one.
The right decision at the wrong time, is still a wrong decision. "Hal Carr"
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:28 pm

HermansCVR580 wrote:
When was the current livery introduced? Late 90's? I loved the SAS 767's and DC-10's at ORD as a kid in the livery before the current one.


It was introduced in 1998 on the first 737-600
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Blerg
Posts: 1323
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Wizz Air is bringing back MMX-INI starting from April 2019, the route was cut two weeks ago. Flights operate twice a week.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Pobeda ends VKO-HEL route on 31 January 2019. The route lasted only four months.
Finnair increases SVO flights to 4 daily though (which has been mentioned already).

travel.ru (in Russian)
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:03 pm

SASViking wrote:
I've also heard rumours/plans about an A350 in retro livery


That would be amazing, especially if it is in the viking ship-livery. But I am a but surprised they didn't introduce the new livery with the A320neo-order if they are planning one.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:12 pm

JCCLAG wrote:
I read that some speculate that if the oil price is low SAS might keep the 340:s and use the new 350:s to expand. This together with some 321LR (that some also speculate they will acquire) could be the basis for something really interesting.


Plans can change, and SAS has stated that they might use some A340s to try new routes. They are old and burn a lot of fuel, but the interior is new and they own all except 2, so I guess that apart from fuel and crew they don't cost that much to operate.
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Finnair is once again sending one of their A319s on a wild trek around Russia for the Jokerit Helsinki hockey team in the KHL this week:

http://hockeycharters.blogspot.com/2019 ... -2019.html

The first flight was from Helsinki to Ufa today. Further destinations en route will be Novosibirsk, Astana & Chelyabinsk before the return to Helsinki.
 
User avatar
Peeter
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:21 pm

AAR wrote:
SAS will probably change to a new color scheme... there have been talks about it over the last week in interviews with leading people in SAS and maybe introduced on the new A350..or the new A330E coming soon


Where can I read the interviews?
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Pulkovo Airport (St. Petersburg) named Finnair as the "Best Developing International Carrier" among the carriers operating at the airport.

According to Routesonline, Finnair served 144,000 passengers at Pulkovo (+43.3%) in 2018.

Routesonline
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
TR
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 1:28 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:48 pm

Peeter wrote:
AAR wrote:
SAS will probably change to a new color scheme... there have been talks about it over the last week in interviews with leading people in SAS and maybe introduced on the new A350..or the new A330E coming soon


Where can I read the interviews?


Here: https://standby.dk/det-er-noedvendigt-f ... selskaber/

It is in Danish but in question 3 it is hinted that something new is coming
 
minilinde
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 am

According to E24, Bjørn Kise & Bjørn Kjos basically agreed to sell Norwegian just around Christmas, but obviously the deal never came through.

Available in Norwegian:
https://e24.no/naeringsliv/norwegian-ai ... n/24552354
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 am

Juneyao Airlines commences its daily PVG–HEL route on 28 June 2019.

Twitter
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
a350lover
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:24 am

minilinde wrote:
According to E24, Bjørn Kise & Bjørn Kjos basically agreed to sell Norwegian just around Christmas, but obviously the deal never came through.

Available in Norwegian:
https://e24.no/naeringsliv/norwegian-ai ... n/24552354


I have been able to read it through translated from Google. Although the translation is poor, it looks like they 100% got to the final stages of the agreement to sell the company to an investor (IAG?), but because of the real need of the airline to look for new capital to be injected so that they could keep their balance and payments, the investor step back and now they are all alone.

The situation of the company is very complicated and I doubt they can make it through the final part of the winter before more changes are announced.

What are the thoughts for Norwegian in Norway?
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:59 pm

JL413 was diverted to Sapporo and is soon landing at HEL. Anyone know what happened?
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 am

Juneyao's new Helsinki service has now been announced on Routesonline as well.

The schedule is as following:

HO1607 PVG0055 – 0620HEL 789 D
HO1608 HEL1420 – 0420+1PVG 789 D

Last edited by QuawerAir on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
Mortyman
Posts: 5543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:52 am

a350lover wrote:
minilinde wrote:
According to E24, Bjørn Kise & Bjørn Kjos basically agreed to sell Norwegian just around Christmas, but obviously the deal never came through.

Available in Norwegian:
https://e24.no/naeringsliv/norwegian-ai ... n/24552354


I have been able to read it through translated from Google. Although the translation is poor, it looks like they 100% got to the final stages of the agreement to sell the company to an investor (IAG?), but because of the real need of the airline to look for new capital to be injected so that they could keep their balance and payments, the investor step back and now they are all alone.

The situation of the company is very complicated and I doubt they can make it through the final part of the winter before more changes are announced.

What are the thoughts for Norwegian in Norway?


The investor kept delaying the decision and at the end Kjos and Company could not wait and had to make a decision of their own. Most analysts here in Norway seem to be positive to Norwegian's New plan as long as they get the 3 billion NOK in preferential and guaranteed share issue placement.
 
minilinde
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Anybody have any insigths into LN-RKS's trip to SBD. I believe LN-RKS got struck by a ground vehicle in ORD, and then got ferried to SBD for service. Flew ORD-SBD on 30th JAN.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:51 pm

From 04OCT19 SAS will move one daily Copenhagen-Heathrow rotation (SK503/504) to Standsted.


Schedule:

SK519 CPH-STN 12:20-13:10
SK520 STN-CPH 14:00-16:45

Most flights will be operated by SAS Ireland on an A320Neo but selected flights will be operated by SAS "Mainline" A319s and A320s.

SVG-LHR-SVG will also move to STN but I don't have a schedule for that yet
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
TUGMASTER
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:12 pm

WOW.... more slots sold...?
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:34 pm

TUGMASTER wrote:
WOW.... more slots sold...?

Yes, sadly. But also because SAS have a CEO that would rather see SAS as a LCC competing with airlines like Norwegian, EasyJet and Ryanair. I'm surpriced they even bother with it, when their attempt on GOT-STN was a massive failure
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Kikko19
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:37 pm

SASViking wrote:
TUGMASTER wrote:
WOW.... more slots sold...?

Yes, sadly. But also because SAS have a CEO that would rather see SAS as a LCC competing with airlines like Norwegian, EasyJet and Ryanair. I'm surpriced they even bother with it, when their attempt on GOT-STN was a massive failure

it's a race to the bottom, let's see who will hit it first. sad to see these things happening. who'll ever fly SAS anymore?
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Kikko19 wrote:
SASViking wrote:
TUGMASTER wrote:
WOW.... more slots sold...?

Yes, sadly. But also because SAS have a CEO that would rather see SAS as a LCC competing with airlines like Norwegian, EasyJet and Ryanair. I'm surpriced they even bother with it, when their attempt on GOT-STN was a massive failure

it's a race to the bottom, let's see who will hit it first. sad to see these things happening. who'll ever fly SAS anymore?

Hopefully someone will stop Mr. Rickard Gustafson before he ruins SAS completely
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:45 pm

I'll happily fly SAS from STN instead of LHR
For all those who slag it off, there are also a lot of people who think that STN is actually quite good. The Ryanair pier (especially the far end at ground level) is horrible but the rest of it, especially gates 1-39 is fine. Plenty of shops as well if that's what you want.
Security on departure is fine for any flight after the early morning wave (ie any flight departing after 8:30 am)
Immigration on arrival is usually pretty quick with the automatic gates, unless you land after about 10pm with the Ryanair rush.
 
cityairline
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm

So SVG went from both SK and BA serving LHR to none? Yikes!
Atleast when SK left GOT-LHR, BA saw their opportunity and added a third daily rotation...

What is happpening at SAS? STN will be a failure and both CPH and SVG will perform badly there, it needs to be LHR for SK! Didn’t they learn anything from the last attempt?
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
I'll happily fly SAS from STN instead of LHR
For all those who slag it off, there are also a lot of people who think that STN is actually quite good. The Ryanair pier (especially the far end at ground level) is horrible but the rest of it, especially gates 1-39 is fine. Plenty of shops as well if that's what you want.
Security on departure is fine for any flight after the early morning wave (ie any flight departing after 8:30 am)
Immigration on arrival is usually pretty quick with the automatic gates, unless you land after about 10pm with the Ryanair rush.

That's not the point. SAS' main costumer base is business travellers, most of them also use them on holidays etc with their families. Those people actually care where they end up. It's unattractive for them to end up in a field in the middle of nowhere (compared to LHR) with slow connections to their final destination (London) and also no possible connections with partner airlines further on in the world. This will also leave CPH with no SAS LHR departures between 07:50am and 3pm, again very unattractive for their main costumer base. People who already fly to STN uses FR because they think SAS is too expensive and snobbish, they would never ever consider flying SAS. All they're doing is losing their position in the London-race, feeding the most paying costumers to BA
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
AAR
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:10 pm

SAS should sell all LHR slots and move to other airports.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos