flyPIT

Re: PIT Update Discussion Thread - 2019

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Runway28L wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
The ACAA updated their route map (KEF removed and DL to RDU added). Interesting that SAN remains as "seasonal"??? Then again these knuckleheads haven't figured out that PUJ is a year round destination for at least a couple years now....

The Florida page needs to be updated as well. NK is daily to FLL instead of weekly. B6 no longers serves FLL. And AA is 2x daily to MIA instead of 3x daily.

FLL and MIA are showing correct. AA currently serves MIA 3x daily. The only mistake I see right now is PUJ labeled seasonal when in fact Apple Vacations serves it at least 1x weekly year round, and SAN... unless hopefully that is not a mistake and F9 is planning a return.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Speaking of C-17s, one landed at about 17:04 today.

ncflyer

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:08 pm

For some reason fares and pricing dynamics and pricing strategy are not much of a topic on airliners.net but wow, that’s all I have to say— $400 fares from PIT to Beijing this spring. Round trip. I saw it on UA in late March. Wonder what it is about the competitive dynamics that make such a fare available, looks like a mistake fare. $800 from Clevekand, still an amazing fare, but not like PIT. $200 more to get a Visa through an agency— everyone should go for that price. Cheaper than Philadelphia.

Runway28L

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:20 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
Speaking of C-17s, one landed at about 17:04 today.

Just departed a few moments ago as PITT50. Tail 96-0001.

A Connecticut ANG C-130H also came in this afternoon.

flyPIT wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
The ACAA updated their route map (KEF removed and DL to RDU added). Interesting that SAN remains as "seasonal"??? Then again these knuckleheads haven't figured out that PUJ is a year round destination for at least a couple years now....

The Florida page needs to be updated as well. NK is daily to FLL instead of weekly. B6 no longers serves FLL. And AA is 2x daily to MIA instead of 3x daily.

FLL and MIA are showing correct. AA currently serves MIA 3x daily. The only mistake I see right now is PUJ labeled seasonal when in fact Apple Vacations serves it at least 1x weekly year round, and SAN... unless hopefully that is not a mistake and F9 is planning a return.

Well that’s interesting. I looked at the page again and I swear it must have updated for me just now. I still remeber seeing B6 to FLL listed and NK being less than daily when I opened it earlier.

You are right about MIA. My mistake. I forgot AA added back the 3rd daily flight this month.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: http://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

flyPIT

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 pm

At first glance the addition of DL's PIT-RDU flight seemed like just a simple matter of filling unmet and suppressed demand to RDU in addition to DL organically growing their RDU focus city.

However Pittsburgh's growing tech community is once again citied as one of the factors for this addition:
https://blueskypit.com/2019/01/23/another-tech-connection/
This follows UA's second PIT-SFO flight, one-off PIT-LAS flight for the CES, and Via Air that attributed the new/increased flights to the tech community.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:12 am

Heard the C-130 running up earlier.

ncflyer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:25 am

If someone’s going to write a puff piece about strong tech links opening up one 75 seat flight per day, they ought to write one about $400 fares between Beijing and Pittsburgh lowering the travel friction between two tech hubs.

flyPIT wrote:
At first glance the addition of DL's PIT-RDU flight seemed like just a simple matter of filling unmet and suppressed demand to RDU in addition to DL organically growing their RDU focus city.

However Pittsburgh's growing tech community is once again citied as one of the factors for this addition:
https://blueskypit.com/2019/01/23/another-tech-connection/
This follows UA's second PIT-SFO flight, one-off PIT-LAS flight for the CES, and Via Air that attributed the new/increased flights to the tech community.

AaronPGH

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:38 am

I snagged a $550 round trip to Taipei via SFO on UA in April too. Paid $800 for the same trip last year. Prices to Asia have been crazy low recently.

flyPIT

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:41 am

ncflyer wrote:
If someone’s going to write a puff piece about strong tech links opening up one 75 seat flight per day, they ought to write one about $400 fares between Beijing and Pittsburgh lowering the travel friction between two tech hubs.

To be fair, that one 75 seat flight per day is more than a 100% increase in (much needed) capacity on the route. Even if AA pulls their flight it is still a 50% increase. But I agree $400 r/t fares to Asia would make for a good blog/article/puff piece/whateveryouwannacallit.
FLYi

pitbosflyer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 am

flyPIT wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

To be fair, that one 75 seat flight per day is more than a 100% increase in (much needed) capacity on the route. Even if AA pulls their flight it is still a 50% increase. But I agree $400 r/t fares to Asia would make for a good blog/article/puff piece/whateveryouwannacallit.

Although interesting to see Pit having the low fares to Asia. It seems to be showing up from other larger airports in the northeast too. Winter just seems to be a time with not much demand.

Gsasala

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:08 am

While we're talking about prices. BA was offering £100 one way flights to Pittsburgh as a way to celebrate turning 100

Gsasala

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:14 am

pitbosflyer wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

Although interesting to see Pit having the low fares to Asia. It seems to be showing up from other larger airports in the northeast too. Winter just seems to be a time with not much demand.

When I was buying flights to Europe I found that Pittsburgh was a LOT cheaper than any of the airports. Round trip Pittsburgh to Munich then Paris to Pittsburgh was $450 on AA, the same flight was $1,300 out of CMH, and $900 out of CLE. It didn't made what Airport I flew into as long as it was non-stop out of PHL it was cheap. But a direct out of PHL was $850

flyPIT

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:37 am

Gsasala wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

When I was buying flights to Europe I found that Pittsburgh was a LOT cheaper than any of the airports. Round trip Pittsburgh to Munich then Paris to Pittsburgh was $450 on AA, the same flight was $1,300 out of CMH, and $900 out of CLE. It didn't made what Airport I flew into as long as it was non-stop out of PHL it was cheap. But a direct out of PHL was $850

And $850 r/t originating in PHL is still cheap. What I find interesting is DL has no problem offering a flight to Asia for $800 r/t via DTW or $600 o/w (slightly more if you are originating in DTW) because they "have to be in the market". Yet when a little competition shows up in PIT they yank the CDG right away even though they were pulling in $2700 o/w fares, a bit more for r/t, with decent loads. Yields might have been a bit diluted for PIT-CDG-XYZ itineraries but nothing like we are currently seeing to Asia on such a broad scale. 1/3 of that PIT-CDG airplane was O&D at those prices.
FLYi

pitbosflyer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 am

flyPIT wrote:

And $850 r/t originating in PHL is still cheap. What I find interesting is DL has no problem offering a flight to Asia for $800 r/t via DTW or $600 o/w (slightly more if you are originating in DTW) because they "have to be in the market". Yet when a little competition shows up in PIT they yank the CDG right away even though they were pulling in $2700 o/w fares, a bit more for r/t, with decent loads. Yields might have been a bit diluted for PIT-CDG-XYZ itineraries but nothing like we are currently seeing to Asia on such a broad scale. 1/3 of that PIT-CDG airplane was O&D at those prices.

They wouldn't be pulling in $2,700 o/w fares now that BA is here offering celebratory $100 TATL fares.

flyPIT

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:42 am

pitbosflyer wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

They wouldn't be pulling in $2,700 o/w fares now that BA is here offering celebratory $100 TATL fares.

To CDG? Even with WW I have never seen DL’s nonstop PIT-CDG fare lower than what they consistently had. Regardless obviously those BA fares are only short term introductory fares.
FLYi

Cush

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 am

WOW. BA must be insane. There are a few days that are 500/ow per person, but the usual itinerary is about $3-4k for two people. No thanks. I will stay loyal to UA and EWR/IAD for much less.
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

PITexpress

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Cush wrote:
WOW. BA must be insane. There are a few days that are 500/ow per person, but the usual itinerary is about $3-4k for two people. No thanks. I will stay loyal to UA and EWR/IAD for much less.

I tried to get one of those cheap BA fares to LHR. However, they were 100 GBP (~$128) each way and they were selling literally only 100 tickets at that price.

flyPIT

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 pm

The final 2018 traffic spreadsheet has been released confirming what we already knew - 9,658,897 passengers (7.5% growth) which puts us up one spot in the overall US airport rankings and two spots from two years ago.
http://www.flypittsburgh.com/getattachment/Newsroom/Airport-Statistics/December-2018-Short-E-Mail-Report.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

But some additional information - 290,280 int'l passengers which compares to approx 800,000 int'l passengers during the hub years when US was operating FRA/LGW/CDG year round with FRA/LGW using A333s. So really good numbers for 2018 although those will drop off with the elimination of WW.

Also December traffic is up 3.7% but available seats are up only 2.3% so that's good to see.

Regarding the new terminal design:
"The design concept is expected to be revealed at the annual State of the Airport event on Feb. 20.

Following the presentation, the teams will develop schematics for the terminal and ground transportation center until June. Construction management teams for the projects are expected to be selected over the next couple months. Design and development will occur from June through November,
"
https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2019/01/24/airport-awards-architectural-engineering-contract.html

Slightly confused as to when we will see the designs.
FLYi

pitbosflyer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:34 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Regarding the new terminal design:
"The design concept is expected to be revealed at the annual State of the Airport event on Feb. 20.

Following the presentation, the teams will develop schematics for the terminal and ground transportation center until June. Construction management teams for the projects are expected to be selected over the next couple months. Design and development will occur from June through November,
"
https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2019/01/24/airport-awards-architectural-engineering-contract.html

Slightly confused as to when we will see the designs.
''

Hmm that is confusing. If they are only going to show off a design concept.....isn't what they already did with those first renders?

ncflyer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm

On the design, my take is they are offering something "scintillating" to the public, even though they aren't quite ready. It's a way to buy time. What everyone really wants to know is how much is it going to cost. The big name design firms produce some great stuff, but there's reason their airports are in Asia not in the USA!!

On the fares, thank you for those examples. I used to have a theory as to why PIT was so much cheaper than CLE/CMH overseas. But it fell apart. The theory was that AC was leading the price competition, and the PIT-YYZ segment was priced very low, because Porter was on the route. YYZ-PIT to this day is so much cheaper than YYZ-CLE. I did some dummy bookings and in FEB from CLE it's $600 r/t regardless of whether there is a Saturday night stay, on PIT it's $400 M-Fr or $300 Fr-Monday. My theory is that AC isn't able to pull in as much on the YYZ-PIT leg, but that completely fell apart when Porter went out. I know, I know, I know, everyone will tell me that airlines don't price one segment at a time, but what else could it be? There's absolutely no reason PIT should be any cheaper than CLE.

flyPIT

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:32 pm

ncflyer wrote:
The theory was that AC was leading the price competition, and the PIT-YYZ segment was priced very low, because Porter was on the route. YYZ-PIT to this day is so much cheaper than YYZ-CLE. I did some dummy bookings and in FEB from CLE it's $600 r/t regardless of whether there is a Saturday night stay, on PIT it's $400 M-Fr or $300 Fr-Monday. My theory is that AC isn't able to pull in as much on the YYZ-PIT leg, but that completely fell apart when Porter went out. I know, I know, I know, everyone will tell me that airlines don't price one segment at a time, but what else could it be? There's absolutely no reason PIT should be any cheaper than CLE.

One thing I will add is that before Porter came along a close in PIT-YYZ weekend stay r/t was routinely $2,000 to ride in a clapped out 37 seat Dash 8. That's not a typo. When Porter came along AC naturally lowered their fares. When Porter pulled out (I still miss that airline) I fully expected AC to increase their fares to extortionist levels. But they didn't. They kept the 4x daily CRJs on the route and maintained reasonable fares. Perhaps they saw how the market was stimulated and want to maintain that customer base and market share.

One more observation about airline fares. It seems like there is a point where the added number of passengers attracted by bargain fares hits a wall. The airline will then jack up the fare to get the most out of a last minute must ride passenger. Take a look at DL's IND-CDG flight. I see round trips in April for $575 (IIRC they never offered fares that low from PIT). Probably because there are lots of empty seats so they are trying to stimulate demand to fill those seats. But lets look at a close in r/t, next Tue and returning a week later. Looking at the seating charts there are an incredible amount of open seats.... yet the lowest round trip is over $3,000. I'm just speculating here but I'd hazard to guess that those exact flights were substantially cheaper months ago to try to fill those cabins as much as they can. The pool of low yielding customers dried out so they are now selling for an insane amount to try to take advantage of the last minute passengers who must travel for whatever reason. They don't want to give away a r/t for $575 to that person.

I think trying to understand airline fares is much like predicting the weather. There is plenty of sound theory but the end result is often not what was forcast or is unpredictable.
FLYi

ncflyer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 pm

I agree completely on your point about the wall, and of course airfare is only one part of a trip. It’s one thing to stay with grandma for free in Florida, it’s quite another to go overseas, where there can be many more added costs.

I’m not a huge Spirit or Frontier pricing follower but I get the impression those are two airlines that will have last second bargains if planes are empty. If I’m right they’re betting that they can stimulate more demand than they’d otherwise get from last second travelers who would be willing to pay business types of fares.

PITexpress

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Take a look at DL's IND-CDG flight. I see round trips in April for $575 (IIRC they never offered fares that low from PIT). Probably because there are lots of empty seats so they are trying to stimulate demand to fill those seats.

Do you think it has anything to do with that unique incentive program for this flight in Indy? Delta, I believe, gets paid for the pax it flies, not paid for empty seats. Might that have something to do with it? A friend took some of the last PIT-CDG flights and paid $650 r/t in regular (not basic) economy.

ncflyer wrote:
I’m not a huge Spirit or Frontier pricing follower but I get the impression those are two airlines that will have last second bargains if planes are empty. If I’m right they’re betting that they can stimulate more demand than they’d otherwise get from last second travelers who would be willing to pay business types of fares.

I took Frontier down to MCO in December. I bought my one-way ticket a week out for $29. The night before? It was $89. I certainly wasn't expecting that drastic of a last minute price cut, though I certainly didn't mind it.

flyPIT

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 pm

PITexpress wrote:
Do you think it has anything to do with that unique incentive program for this flight in Indy? Delta, I believe, gets paid for the pax it flies, not paid for empty seats. Might that have something to do with it? A friend took some of the last PIT-CDG flights and paid $650 r/t in regular (not basic) economy.

That's a good point and I really don't know. As for your friend's $650 r/t was that just to CDG or CDG and beyond? I know some of the PIT-CDG-XYZ fares came down when Condor and Wow Air came in but I don't ever recall PIT-CDG-PIT coming down that much.
FLYi

Midwestindy

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:39 pm

flyPIT wrote:
PITexpress wrote:

That's a good point and I really don't know. As for your friend's $650 r/t was that just to CDG or CDG and beyond? I know some of the PIT-CDG-XYZ fares came down when Condor and Wow Air came in but I don't ever recall PIT-CDG-PIT coming down that much.

Guys it is middle of winter, flights like RDU/CVG-CDG are the same price.

You are overanalyzing this
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

flyPIT

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 am

Midwestindy wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
PITexpress wrote:

Guys it is middle of winter, flights like RDU/CVG-CDG are the same price.

You are overanalyzing this

Over-analyzing is what is done on A.net.

Mid-April isn't the middle of winter anymore. I just checked 3 random 1 week r/t itineraries in April on days the IND flight operates. Fares from CVG are about twice as high and RDU even higher. PITexpress might be on to something about how the IND subsidy is structured and the affect it has on fares.
FLYi

pgh234

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 am

I flew PIT-CDG...twice, and PIT-CDG-TXL in 2017 (June, July, and August...I had a lot of vouchers to burn) for $650-$800 R/T. My sister flew PIT-CDG-MUC R/T for $700 in 2018. Those cheap fares were pretty easy to find the last two years, especially in 2018 with the 767 and WOW. In 2011-2016...I would agree, the fares were quite high.

flyPIT

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Some really great numbers from Southern Airways at DUJ, up 40% which is on to of 30% growth the year before.
https://www.connectradio.fm/2019/01/25/dubois-regional-airport-saw-40-percent-more-passengers-in-2018/
FLYi

PITexpress

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 pm

flyPIT wrote:

It was just PIT-CDG for $650 ($550 for basic economy). His trip was in August returned on the last flight from CDG. We suspected that the end of the season had something to do with open seats and lower fares.

I flew PIT-CDG-FRA r/t for $740 in July. I priced PIT-CDG for the same days and it was like $1200 r/t. So I concluded the discount on FRA had to do with competition. I think WOW was $840 (not including fees) and Condor $950.

flyPIT wrote:
PITexpress might be on to something about how the IND subsidy is structured and the affect it has on fares.

Thanks, it seems like a logical connection if IND has the lowest fares of comparable cities. At first I thought that subsidy model seemed counter productive, but if it's bringing down fares, that's actually a pretty cool outcome for passengers. Hopefully it works out for DL as well.

Gsasala

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:44 am

Runway28L

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Looks like Southern is bringing back PIT-MDT service in March.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: http://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

JamesRenard

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:49 pm

I had a look at Southern's site, PIT-MTD flights appear as early as tomorrow, even though they can't be booked.
In fact, none of the flights are bookable. I guess Southern is still tweaking things?

Preliminary schedule:
Sun
9X1794: Dep PIT 16:05, Arr MDT 17:25
9X1795: Dep MDT 17:45, Arr PIT 19:05

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu
9X1360: Dep PIT 16:25, Arr MDT 17:45
9X1361: Dep MDT 18:05, Arr PIT 19:25

Fri, Sat
No flights

flyPIT

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:59 pm

It's nice to see Southern commit to some more non-EAS flying. Their other non-EAS route is PIT-AVP. I wonder if LBE-PIT is off the table; I haven't heard anything on that in about a year.
FLYi

JamesRenard

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:04 pm

The EAS contracts for HGR and LNS are up for renewal by the end of March. So far, Southern and Boutique have submitted proposals at both airports, but no decision has been made yet.
If Southern lose out to Boutique, it could free up some of their aircraft for more non-EAS routes.

ConcourseZ

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:59 pm

Christina Cassotis is speaking at a luncheon event called VisionPittsburgh
https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/ ... -authority

Runway28L

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:33 pm

WN has moved up their network-wide schedule extension from Feb 7 to this Thursday, Jan 31.

I don't think we'll see much other than the usual frequency adjustments. Although this would be a perfect time to up STL to 2x daily.

flyPIT

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:16 pm

The PBT listed the busiest airlines at PIT for 2018:

Airline-2018-2017-%change

Southwest 2.50m 2.41m +3.7%
American 1.42m 1.39m +2.3%
Delta 1.05m 0.99m +5.8%
United 656k 545k +20.4%
Spirit 545k 288k +89.1%
JetBlue 395k 351k +12.4%
Allegiant 354k 308k + 14.8%
Air Canada 97.8k 85.4k +14.6%
Frontier 88.9k 184k -51.7%
Wow Air 68.9k 41.4k +67.8%
Southern 46.3k 38.5k +20.5%
Alaska 31.6k 0 N/A
OneJet 19.3k 26.6k -27.4%
Condor 17.3k 9.0k +92.8
Boutique Air 1.0k 0 N/A

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2019/01/29/see-which-airlines-carried-the-most-passengers-in.html#g/449029/14

However this only adds up to 7.3 million, 2.36 million short. Comparing WN to AA and UA to NK it looks like for some odd reason they did not include AA Eagle, UA Express, and DL Connection so this was a mostly useless exercise. Some nice growth by United.
FLYi

AaronPGH

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:48 pm

What fueled the 92% growth for Condor? A longer schedule with more frequencies?

flyPIT

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:07 pm

AaronPGH wrote:
What fueled the 92% growth for Condor? A longer schedule with more frequencies?

Yes; in 2017 (their first season) they had that really short 2 1/2 month season. in 2018 it was a more typical 4+ months and they had the third weekly flight for 2+ of those months. So they nearly doubled flights and the passenger growth seemed to keep up. Unfortunately for 2019 they are not adding the third weekly flight which is unfortunate since WW and DL have since pulled out of PIT-Europe. Condor has a great opportunity now to expand their season even more and fly at least 3x weekly or more now that the only competition is BA currently at 4x weekly.
FLYi

PITexpress

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:41 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Condor has a great opportunity now to expand their season even more and fly at least 3x weekly or more now that the only competition is BA currently at 4x weekly.

My guess is that they will stick with 2x weekly for 2019, but with WW and DL out of the way, loads may increase enough to warrant 3x for 2020. (Here's hoping anyway)

ctrabs0114

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:17 pm

flyPIT wrote:
The PBT listed the busiest airlines at PIT for 2018:

Airline-2018-2017-%change

Southwest 2.50m 2.41m +3.7%
American 1.42m 1.39m +2.3%
Delta 1.05m 0.99m +5.8%
United 656k 545k +20.4%
Spirit 545k 288k +89.1%
JetBlue 395k 351k +12.4%
Allegiant 354k 308k + 14.8%
Air Canada 97.8k 85.4k +14.6%
Frontier 88.9k 184k -51.7%
Wow Air 68.9k 41.4k +67.8%
Southern 46.3k 38.5k +20.5%
Alaska 31.6k 0 N/A
OneJet 19.3k 26.6k -27.4%
Condor 17.3k 9.0k +92.8
Boutique Air 1.0k 0 N/A

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2019/01/29/see-which-airlines-carried-the-most-passengers-in.html#g/449029/14

However this only adds up to 7.3 million, 2.36 million short. Comparing WN to AA and UA to NK it looks like for some odd reason they did not include AA Eagle, UA Express, and DL Connection so this was a mostly useless exercise. Some nice growth by United.

Sounds like the PIT-SFO and PIT-DEN helped give UA a boost.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW; 73G (x3), 738, A20N; WN (x4), NK
Next: DFW-SAT-DFW (AA, MD83, B738)
On tap: DFW-ORD-DFW (AA; 788), DFW-SLC-SEA-DTW-DFW (DL; CS1, 738, 739)

Runway28L

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 pm

Be on the lookout for AA A321neo deliveries passing through PIT for induction work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtPJkmYnlpW/

The first frame is almost ready to be delivered.

ConcourseZ

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:51 am

Runway28L wrote:
Be on the lookout for AA A321neo deliveries passing through PIT for induction work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtPJkmYnlpW/

The first frame is almost ready to be delivered.

Excellent news for the PIT crew!

AaronPGH

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 am

Another random thought: I wonder how the one off UA flight to Vegas for CES did? Jan 7 outbound, Jan 11 inbound.

Runway28L

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 pm

JamesRenard wrote:
I had a look at Southern's site, PIT-MTD flights appear as early as tomorrow, even though they can't be booked.
In fact, none of the flights are bookable. I guess Southern is still tweaking things?

Preliminary schedule:
Sun

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu

Fri, Sat
No flights

And now the flights have been completely pulled from the entire booking window. :?

BatonOps

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 pm

JamesRenard wrote:

Preliminary schedule:
Sun

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu

Fri, Sat
No flights

One flight a day hardly seems worth it. MDT hasn't announced any return of Southern.

Runway28L

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm

The only changes I see for PIT in the WN schedule extension are:

- DEN goes from 3x daily to 2x daily
- RSW goes from 8x weekly to 2x weekly (Sat/Sun-only)
- LAX goes from 6x weekly to 5x weekly (Mon-Fri).

flyPIT

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:17 pm

flyPIT wrote:

At least they are still reading this thread. After over a year of poking and prodding they finally corrected PUJ on the PIT route map to show year round service. SAN has been removed as well.

Gsasala wrote:

For those keeping track of these kinds of lists:
https://www.post-gazette.com/local/neig ... 1812270169
FLYi

Runway28L

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:31 am

AA’s first A321neo is scheduled to arrive at 1210 tomorrow.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9708

ConcourseZ

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:55 am

Runway28L wrote:
AA’s first A321neo is scheduled to arrive at 1210 tomorrow.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9708

Hope someone can get some photos.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos