FLY777UAL
Topic Author

JAT Offering Acmi DC-10-30 For Less Than $3K/bh!

Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:13 am

I was just looking on barnstormers.com to check out some of the deals they have, and one of the ads is from JAT!

They're offering ACMI on their DC-10-30 for less than $3,000 US per block hour! Bargain?! Big grin

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

JAT

RE: JAT Offering Acmi DC-10-30 For Less Than $3K/bh!

Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:23 am

hahaaha I read some of their other ads. They are really funny! "Many years of Hajj Experience" and "Full Islamic Environment" DC-10.

JU101

RE: JAT Offering Acmi DC-10-30 For Less Than $3K/bh!

Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:23 pm

The postings on behalf og JAT sounds really silly. Its hard to believe that its even true. However, i think that the airline is quite willing on getting rid of the 727s and DC9s, when it gets the opportunity. On the other hand, leasing these aircraft throughout Africa seems to be the best option, since the profits earned from lease are actually higher than the base price of most of these aircraft.

I dont have exact figures, but it is trustworthy. 3.000 USD for a DC10 is an excellent deal. Imagine that 250 people pay 1100 for their return tickets on a typical YYZ-BEG flight.

The generates a revenue of 275.000 CAD. Now subtract the number of hours in a return flight (10 hours multiplied by 2 = 20).

Therefore 20 hours at a rate of 3.000 USD = 90.000 CAD

Thats 185.000 CAD! Nice eh? I know there are airport expenses, and fuel costs, but i doubt that they would cost 185.000 or anything more than that. Well this sounds like a feasible business opportunity as i see it, what do yu people think?

I really think JAT should start charters to North America for this summer. The demand for flights to BEG is overwhelming!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos