Configuration Info' On The New AA Terminal At JFK.

Sat Aug 28, 1999 10:26 am

Does anyone know which of the three concourses will be for the RJ's and which for widebodies, Int'l ect.? Any information appreciated.

Here are pix of a model from AA press release.

1. http://www.amrcorp.com/news/images/model1.jpg
2. http://www.amrcorp.com/news/images/model2.jpg
3. http://www.amrcorp.com/news/images/model3.jpg

Lance

FLY777UAL

RE: Configuration Info' On The New AA Terminal At JFK.

Sat Aug 28, 1999 11:37 am

Here's what I thought from the models:

RJ, Fokker, and MD-80 parking up front and on the 'triangle' leading to the second part of the main concourse. Widebodies will be able to pull up at almost any of the second part main concourse gates, and International will be in the third concourse with 'switchable gates' between international and domestic..

FLY777UAL

kaitak

Sat Aug 28, 1999 10:34 pm

Whatever about the configuration, I'm sure it will be as spotter/enthusiast-unfriendly as the rest of JFK. Do they, he asks naively, have any plans for somehwere, even internally, to take photos and just watch the aircraft?

Sun Aug 29, 1999 12:09 am

What?

doug

Tue Aug 31, 1999 7:39 am

any models on the miami terminal

twa747100

Tue Aug 31, 1999 9:29 am

I SAY DANG!!! THATS BIGGER THEN TWA AT STL, GO AA!

varsity

Wed Sep 01, 1999 1:18 am

Actually, you can see pretty well from the upper level of the new Terminal One, and there is seating there. If you can get past security at Terminal Two, which depends on the mood of the security person, the view is good there too. I've taken lots of pictures there.

If you have a zoom lens and tripod go to the top of the parking deck(s) in the centre of the terminal circle. I wish that I had a zoom lens while Pan Am was at terminal six. I have some nice (but miniature) pictures of widebody clippers at the gates there.

Wed Sep 01, 1999 4:28 am

Here is the website for the new "JFK International Air Terminal" (Terminal 4) group (Schiphol USA, LCOR Inc., & Lehman Brothers). It has alot of good information but the gallery stinks.

http://www.jfkiat.com/

dfw-man

Wed Sep 01, 1999 10:15 am

the terminal looks pretty good i still do not know that american can justify needing a terminal that big but i guess they know alot more than i.i think that the AA terminal in miami will be much more impressive than the jfk terminal ,heck it might be better than the ord,dfw terminal facilities,from what i hear the one in miami for AA will have 61 gates in a mile and a half linear concourse,with 29 AA eagle parking space adjacent to it

Dfw-man

Wed Sep 01, 1999 11:15 am

What you posted has absolutly nothing to do with my question of what might be located where in the new AA terminal at JFK. I did not ask anything about ORD, DFW, how they stack up against one another or anything esle. Please restrain from posting for the sake of posting.

Lance

dfw-man

RE: Dfw-man

Thu Sep 02, 1999 2:50 am

you gonna make me lance-alot

dfw-man

Thu Sep 02, 1999 3:08 am

first of all lance i can't count the number of times that a topic was started and by the time all the replies were in it had turned to a complete different subject,i have an opinion to which i am entitled to and i voiced my opinion,just as anyone on the forum has and always does,so stop trying to be the forum police and let people say whats on there mind!!