Tom in NO
Topic Author

DEN Checkpoints/Concourse Question

Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:23 am

The evacuation of concourse A at DEN this past Friday brought up a question in my mind regarding the layout, as I recall it, of the security checkpoint that had the breach:

The checkpoint was apparently located near the walkway bridge that connects the terminal with concourse A. (Keep in mind that only concourse A was evacuated). However, once you're on concourse A, you can take the underground train to concourses B and C.

Was the thinking when they only evacuated concourse A that nobody would have had enough time to make it to the underground train to B and C? (I recall that only 10-odd people went through the device during the time the mag didn't have any power).

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

MDCJets

RE: DEN Checkpoints/Concourse Question

Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:45 am

Interesting piont, I too have been to DEN, and my guess is that they shut down the trains. Surely the have a good evacuation plan, but you never know

BA

Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:49 am

VERY good question.

What happened is they made the underground trains skip the Concourse A station.

So from the terminal, the trains skipped Concourse A and went on directly to B and C.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

scottysair

Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:17 pm

fool!! You better need to tell FAA that need leave people alone with the airports and stop during that with evacuation plan anymore, period or it will be get a subject suspenesion or termination on the job. I'd been tired of them with the evacuation with the airports. FAA was very smart enough with the airports and takedown with the Passenegers sign completed is out! It is time to let the people are go want visit at the gate area again and do nor want to see it with the sign is out.

I did takedown with the Only Ticketed Passengers sign at the airport. I can do go to the gate area again as for now. Thank you!

UALPHLCS

Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:20 pm

WHAT????!!!!
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.