PanAm747
Topic Author

Surprise! Southwest Vs. Jetblue Fares

Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:57 am

Wow, I didn't expect this. I put in Long Island to ONT (LA) on April 1 one way for both airlines and got this:

Southwest:

http://southwest.com/cgi-bin/displayFares

Jetblue:

http://www.jetblueairways.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

Jetblue is clearly the lowest, you would have to fly Southwest on a Tues. to get a Jetblue fare.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

174thfwff

RE: Surprise! Southwest Vs. Jetblue Fares

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:08 pm

Sorry buddy, but the links you supplied us don't work since I can't use your cookies and I bet if you had cookies for everyone, you would keep all the cookies for yourself since cookies are good.

Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

spinkid

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:25 pm

cookies are bad for you, they make you and your computer fat!

I'm not so surprised in whatever the disparity in fares is. Southwests coast to coast fares usually aren't that cheap unless they are running a special, plus you have to make a connection and/or a stop and that's just no fun.

jetBlue offers a non stop which is much better.

Also, the flights are from different airports, so it isn't much of a comparison.

Spark

Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:00 pm

I think the price structure of Jet Blue is its 2nd greatest feature (Direct TV sounds great). It just seems so easy to determine what you price will be. Southwest has about 30 price structures, and you have to be rocket scientist to get the best price (or at least have a lot of flexiblity in your schedule).
Unfortunately, I have no reason to fly to New York, and couldn't justify flying to JFK last summer when I had to go to Providence.

PanAm747
Topic Author

Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:03 pm

Ooops sorry about the cookies.

The price was $198 on Jetblue and about $314 (for top-end) on WN and $189 for a Tuesday departure from ISP.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!