IAH Customs

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:51 pm

I have been to many foreign countries and IAH Customs seems more laid back than all of them. I have gotten through IAH customs with mercury (in a necklace from Mexico), liquor, and fruit. Has anyone seen this at IAH?

thomasphoto60

RE: IAH Customs

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:56 pm

I too have noticed this, as I have made my share of passing through IAH customs. Beats the hell out of JFK, LAX, ect....

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Lt-AWACS

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:56 pm

Man I just mentioned this on the 'Caught Red Handed' Thread on this page a few minutes ago.

I go through IAH customs all the time, most usually now from Belize and Brasil, and sometime Europe.
They are fast and 'great' in my book. I get in with Liquor, Fruit, Conchs, etc  Smile never stopped  Smile

it is the 8th largest customs and entry point in the US so they are busy, but who knows........

I just cleared BWI customs the other day coming back from Oman on a tail swap (the AF normally brings it's planes through BWI) and they were a bit more strict.

The only search I had was in Miami, where they thought it odd I was bringing back license plates (I collect them)

Ciao,
Lt-AWACS
Io voglio fica ogni giorni da mia bella moglie!

b757300

Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:02 pm

IAH seems to be one of the few airports that hasn't turned into a collection of a**holes since Sept. 11. They're very spotter/photographer friendly and I have yet to hear a story about a cop/national guardaman/screener getting a rambo complex.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos