IAH Customs

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:51 pm

I have been to many foreign countries and IAH Customs seems more laid back than all of them. I have gotten through IAH customs with mercury (in a necklace from Mexico), liquor, and fruit. Has anyone seen this at IAH?

thomasphoto60

RE: IAH Customs

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:56 pm

I too have noticed this, as I have made my share of passing through IAH customs. Beats the hell out of JFK, LAX, ect....

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Lt-AWACS

Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:56 pm

Man I just mentioned this on the 'Caught Red Handed' Thread on this page a few minutes ago.

I go through IAH customs all the time, most usually now from Belize and Brasil, and sometime Europe.
They are fast and 'great' in my book. I get in with Liquor, Fruit, Conchs, etc  Smile never stopped  Smile

it is the 8th largest customs and entry point in the US so they are busy, but who knows........

I just cleared BWI customs the other day coming back from Oman on a tail swap (the AF normally brings it's planes through BWI) and they were a bit more strict.

The only search I had was in Miami, where they thought it odd I was bringing back license plates (I collect them)

Ciao,
Lt-AWACS
Io voglio fica ogni giorni da mia bella moglie!

b757300

Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:02 pm

IAH seems to be one of the few airports that hasn't turned into a collection of a**holes since Sept. 11. They're very spotter/photographer friendly and I have yet to hear a story about a cop/national guardaman/screener getting a rambo complex.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."