AirbusA6

Re: When will the Boeing 737NG and A320CEO production cease

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:13 pm

speedbird52 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
flyingclrs727 wrote:
The 737NG is the basis of several military variants like P-8 that are unlikely to to be switched to the 737Max. As long as the military programs are still in production, it will still be possible for Boeing to offer civilian 737NG's.

No it won’t. It’s been stated several times on this thread. The last 737NG will be delivered in a few months.

I really want to go see this. One day there will be a time where we look at NGs the same way people look at MD80s now. I missed the last 747-8i delivery and the last US flight of a 747 classic and both broke my heart. I don't want to miss anything else. How much advance notice do you think we will get of this?

Will we? It's not as if the Maxes will be much different from the NGs externally, and inside they'll be even more similar. I find it hard to get excited by the much different 737 Classics, it's only the Jurassics which to me shout out something different, and historic
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

Newbiepilot

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:27 pm

BravoOne wrote:
GatorClark wrote:
Slightly off topic, but when an overseas carrier such as KLM, Lion Air, etc. order a 737, what is the routing they use to deliver it? Obviously it can't travel from Seattle to Amsterdam on one fill up.

Just a guess:

SEA-KEF
SEA-BGR
SEA to just about anyone of the Canadian Maritime airports, weather permitting

Delivery flights to Western Europe usually go nonstop out of BFI. With only pilots onboard, SEA-DUB/AMS is possible. Flights to Asia go through HNL most of the time, but sometimes ANC.

konrad

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 pm

A while ago Sky Europe took their 73G non-stop to BTS.

BravoOne

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Newbiepilot wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
GatorClark wrote:
Slightly off topic, but when an overseas carrier such as KLM, Lion Air, etc. order a 737, what is the routing they use to deliver it? Obviously it can't travel from Seattle to Amsterdam on one fill up.

Just a guess:

SEA-KEF
SEA-BGR
SEA to just about anyone of the Canadian Maritime airports, weather permitting

Delivery flights to Western Europe usually go nonstop out of BFI. With only pilots onboard, SEA-DUB/AMS is possible. Flights to Asia go through HNL most of the time, but sometimes ANC.

Thanks for the update.

afterburner

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 pm

sciing wrote:
737-800 32
737-800A 29

What is the difference between -800 and -800A?

Polot

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

afterburner wrote:
sciing wrote:
737-800 32
737-800A 29

The -800A is the P-8.

afterburner

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Polot wrote:
afterburner wrote:
sciing wrote:
737-800 32
737-800A 29

The -800A is the P-8.

Ah! Thank you. :)

SEPilot

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm

luv2cattlecall wrote:
DBCoop3r wrote:
alancostello wrote:

Ryanair usually deliver their 737s nonstop from Seattle to Dublin. A 737 with no passengers, bags, or cargo, but full fuel tanks can do a pretty long ride. As an example PAE-DUB is 4,513 mi, while PAE-AMS is only 4,859 mi.

In this case, if they had to stop, it would likely be in an airport the airline already serves (YYZ for KLM as an example), or an airport of convenience along the route, KEF in Iceland being the most logical on that route, or BGR in Maine if they don't want to have to deal with having to land in Canada.

Or course new plane deliveries are often not "empty" per se. Due to an... interesting... trade loophole both Airbus and Boeing offer a little perk service to customers overseas where the customer (or someone in the Customer's ear) can request certain high value items that would otherwise be cost prohibitive or unavailable due to high tariffs, taxes, and/or regulations in said delivery country. I'm sure Ryanair takes full advantage of this service. I suggest maybe looking up the price drop of say a XBox in Ireland every time a new 737 is delivered to FR. ;)

Thanks Stitch and Polot RE: the P-8 question.

Do you have more info about this? I'm really confused as to how a new FR delivery can impact the price of a game console made in Asia

No VAT tax. When my brother, who was working in London at the time, invited my wife and me to visit him he had me bring him a Canon camera and lenses. It was several hundred dollars cheaper than he could get in England. But if Ryanair personnel try and sell the stuff I would think they could get in trouble.
The problem with making things foolproof is that fools are so doggone ingenious...Dan Keebler

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos