sleekjet

Cap't Clashes With REM Rocker

Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:56 am

II Cor. 4:17-18

Cessnapimp

RE: Cap't Clashes With REM Rocker

Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:26 am

A yellow card! Cool, just like in soccer! I had no idea airlines made this so fun!  Laugh out loud Just kidding. Seriously though, I have six of their albums and I am a big fan of theirs. I remember one time (a couple of weeks) I ONLY listened to REM. But I am a greater fan of air crews (not the musical group stupid) . I shall now say: I'm listening to Michael Stipe, Mike Mills and that guy who got drunk in an airplane and pissed everybody off for 10 hours and got away with it...

...cause he will get away with it.

Cessnapimp

Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:29 am

football, I meant football since BA is european.

HlywdCatft

Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:19 pm

How come that guy who got drunk in an airplane and pissed everyone off did not look happy in the video for "Shiney Happy People"?

aussiestu

Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:30 pm

Lets hope the judge and jury have the strength to jail this man for causing so much trouble. Its about time all this loutish behaviour was stopped. Just because you think your somebody does NOT mean you can behave like an idiot for 10 hours and walk away.
Its funny how they always blame the drink and drugs. You took them you suffer the consequences!

jmc1975

Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:38 pm

That jerk just needs to stand in the place where he is and think about direction. I wonder why hasn't before.

TNboy

Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:21 pm

They should have offloaded him at the first available place. Why should other passengers have to waste thousands of dollars to be subjected this this sort of nonsense for 10 hours. Hope he get the maximum penalty......which, for the charge relating to damaging British Airways crockery (presumably a plastic knife!) may unfortunately be less than life imprisonment.
And on behalf of Captain Payne and the entire flight crew, can I just apologise to all those good folks from "Texas in America", whose slow drawl is indecipherable to British ears!
(Reminds me of an incident some years ago where a football team became drunk and rowdy on a QF flight to LAX via HNL. They abused pax and crew, and broke some seats. The Captain offloaded them at HNL and the airline refused to carry them any further, or carry them home. Hooray!
They were stranded, until some airline which obviously couldn't care less about its passengers or their comfort, decided that it would let them travel back to Oz. I think it was an airline that no longer flies to Australia.
"...every aircraft is subtly different.."

Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:24 pm

Small point-the crockery would have probably not been plastic, as this trial deals with events which occurred early last year (although the news story doesn't tell you that.)

He had apparently had 10 glasses of wine on-board, and had already been treated to free drinks before the flight, presumably in one of BA's lounges at Sea-Tac.

However, this does still raise the issue as to whether the 'limit' (if any) on alcohol served on-board a/c should be increased-much like the 'unit' scheme here in the UK; everyone likes a little something to drink (especially if you're lucky and get to fly in Club class), but perhaps it might be prudent for the airlines to introduce limits?

Speaking to a friend about the incident, and based on the news story 'facts', she could not understand why the BA crew allowed the pax to drink so much in the first place-any ideas? Seems like a good question.

Regards

Regards

qantas744

Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:06 pm

From what I read in the media yesterady (pinch of salt at the ready) it seems that the crew had decided he had had enough,but that he somehow gained access to the galley and poured himself several more glasses of wine.

Sadly I don't have enough faith in the British justice system to think that justice will prevail in this case-a guilty verdict will probably be returned but the punishment won't fit the crime.

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll

hartsfieldboy

Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:26 pm

The pilot had a third choice that the article did not mention. He should have given him a red card, that way he would have had to sit out for the rest of the flight. Problem solved  Smile

ThirtyEcho

Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:44 pm

Will he pay a fine? Yes.
Will he go to jail? No.
Will he be banned from BA? No.
Will he do it again? Yes.
Will it be worse next time? Yes.
Will it be dangerous? Yes.
Will death or serious injury result? Yes.

KAUSpilot

Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:46 am

LOL. Should I be offended by the "Texas in America" comment?

Arsenal@LHR

Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:09 am

The guy probably made a fool of himself on the flight, sadly he will most likely he'll get away with a small fine cos he's a "celebrity". He should be locked and used as an example for the rich and famous who think they're all untouchables.

Rdgs
Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

4holer

Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:11 am

jmc1975,

That was brilliant!!

I'll chuckle all day about that one!

Jim
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

lmml 14/32

Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:26 am

What is the BA Cabin Crew Union's stand on this?

Stretch 8

Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:36 am

The BA captain should have landed the bird before leaving U.S. airspace. The REM joker could then have been charged with interference with a flight crew, a felony under U.S. law.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Squigee

Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:06 am

one charge of damaging British Airways crockery

Isn't the punishment for this death by hanging?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Someday, we'll look back at this, laugh nervously, and then change the subject.