Delta F/A Bases

Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:30 pm

Hello all, I have a couple questions about Delta's Flight Attendant bases:

1. DL's F/A Bases are: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Portland (Oregon), Salt Lake City, and Seattle. What is DL's Junior, or starting base(s) for new F/A's?

2. What is DL's F/A Base transfer policy?

"Fly Delta Air Lines"

RE: Delta F/A Bases

Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:39 pm

Most new flight attendants seem to go to JFK for some reason. The ability to transfer is quite liberal and can generally be done within a few months of the initial assignment (This is how it was prior to 9/11 - it may be different now).
delta fly boy

Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:50 pm

It's not just JFK, it's the NYC base, which includes, JFK, LGA, and EWR. That is th most junior base. It's probably th best base in my opinion, tho a lot of f/a can't afford to ive in NY, So they xfer out asap. CVG is also a somewhat Jr base. If you have any questions about f/a's with DL, Icould probably answer most of them. Just e-mail me.

Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:18 am

BOS was going quite junior for some time.

The reason was the Express build up there, as well as the LGW trip.

Most new hires, as mentioned went to the NYC base. A lot of recruiting for DL occurs in the South and many of those people want to return close to home, making ATL the main emphasis of their transfer.

There was a group of f/a's that would bid for Florida bases in summer to live on the beach, then transfer to SLC for skiing in winter.

When you transfer, you are locked into that base for 3 months. You can then transfer again, but you are granted your transfer based on the number of positions open in the base you desire and your seniority on the transfer list.

The most junior bases (seniority to get off of reserve) seems to be BOS, ATL (3-4 years), FLL (3 years), CVG ( 4-5 years). MCO used to be junior, but with the Express cutbacks has spiked to 13 years of seniority before getting off of reserve.

MSY is at about 4-5 years, DFW 5-7 years, LAX and SLC I think is at 9-10 years. PDX and SEA is anybodys guess. IAH is a mystery to me too.