kaitak

Photos In CX Cockpits

Mon Aug 30, 1999 8:06 pm

Some time ago, the subject of taking photos in the cockpit of CX airliners was raised. It is not permitted, although it should be said that CX crews are the most welcoming, friendly and professional you will find anywhere. I was wondering about the story behind this and found it was a rather amusing one!
Some time ago, the crew of a CX 744 invited two very attractive young ladies to the flight deck and chatted away. One sat on the centre console and subsequently, a rather, shall we say "glamorous" photo of the young lady appeared in print somewhere. CX was none too pleased, although the crew got away with a minor ticking off. (I actually thought it was something to do with the instruments or some mishandled emergency - not that this would happen on CX!)

RE: Photos In CX Cockpits

Tue Aug 31, 1999 12:46 am

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Nobuhiko Hirai

I would prefer the photo you refer to!

kaitak

Tue Aug 31, 1999 3:28 am

Ah, the memories . . .

*sniffle* . . .

(What I would give to have that view once more!)

MrNiceguy

Tue Aug 31, 1999 8:07 am

I think the incident Kaitak mentioned is about 'the safety of the flight'. The two ladies gave the photo to a magazine (I don't know which one). The magazine criticised that 'why could the pilots take the photos with the passengers?? weren't they busy to control the aircraft??' This criticism has been very sensitive in CX.

One more thing, the pilots aren't that busy really in the cockpit. They will use the GPS or auto-pilot to control the aircraft. They will just check the computers and settings of the computers and make possible decisions to the flight plan.