triley1057
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 3:29 pm

What Percentage Of The Flying Public Are We?

Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:27 am

I think it is pretty funny that we make such huge deals out of the aviation industry with issues such as equipment, livery, terminals, etc. I bet you in reality we make up about 1% of the flying public and the other 99% of the people couldn't care less, just as long as they get a good price. Sometimes it drives me crazy to watch people act so indifferent towards flying. I guess I don't understand since I have been an aviaton nut since as far back as I can remember. My first flight was when I was 10 days old, maybe that has something to do with it.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Oh well, I'll quit rambling. Anyone else feel the same way?
 
UALbrat
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 1:49 am

RE: What Percentage Of The Flying Public Are We?

Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:19 am

From talking to other passengers while waiting for flights, or during flights, I also get the impression most people don't care about anything more than getting from point A to point B safely and in a timely fashion. "We" may be more than 1 percent, but I don't think it is anything more than 5 percent.

 
triley1057
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 3:29 pm

RE: What Percentage Of The Flying Public Are We?

Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 am

Also I think it is unbelievable when passengers get to their window seat, shut the shade and keep it closed for the remainder of the flight. I HAVE to be by the window and can often spend my whole flight looking out. (As long as it is not a long haul.)
 
IMissPiedmont
Posts: 6200
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 12:58 pm

RE: What Percentage Of The Flying Public Are We?

Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:55 am

I might believe .001% if you are refering to members of A-Net.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos