triley1057

What Percentage Of The Flying Public Are We?

Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:27 am

I think it is pretty funny that we make such huge deals out of the aviation industry with issues such as equipment, livery, terminals, etc. I bet you in reality we make up about 1% of the flying public and the other 99% of the people couldn't care less, just as long as they get a good price. Sometimes it drives me crazy to watch people act so indifferent towards flying. I guess I don't understand since I have been an aviaton nut since as far back as I can remember. My first flight was when I was 10 days old, maybe that has something to do with it.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Oh well, I'll quit rambling. Anyone else feel the same way?

UALbrat

RE: What Percentage Of The Flying Public Are We?

Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:19 am

From talking to other passengers while waiting for flights, or during flights, I also get the impression most people don't care about anything more than getting from point A to point B safely and in a timely fashion. "We" may be more than 1 percent, but I don't think it is anything more than 5 percent.

triley1057

Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 am

Also I think it is unbelievable when passengers get to their window seat, shut the shade and keep it closed for the remainder of the flight. I HAVE to be by the window and can often spend my whole flight looking out. (As long as it is not a long haul.)

IMissPiedmont

Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:55 am

I might believe .001% if you are refering to members of A-Net.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.