skihigh2002

University Flight Labs

Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:58 am

I just got my letter today from the aerospace department at Middle Tennessee State University. They said that while a 3.0 GPA is high enough to get into the flight lab, there weren't enough available slots. Anyways I just wanted to post and ask you for guys for your advice on what I should do. I can try to get into the Flight Labs again in the spring semester and get into the instrument lab. However, there is still no guarantee of course. I am thinking I could go and get my private out at John C Tune in Nashville and try to get into the Flight Labs in the spring. However, I also could change my major to Aviation Administration and do all my flying out at John C Tune and possibly finish quicker than the other students who aren't one on one with an instructor at MTSU. That way I could flight instruct or just build my hours. Anyways, I was just writing for your advice. Thanks.

Chris

Racers22

RE: University Flight Labs

Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:26 am

I will be attending the flight school at Purdue University next fall and I was told that if I was not accepted right away, that it would be beneficial to major in Aviation Administration for the first semester and then try to transfer into the flight program the second semester of my freshman year. If it didn't work out, I could still move to a non-aviation related major. They do require that you already have your private when you try to transfer in though.

skihigh2002

Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:43 am

Yes I'm definitely getting my private in the fall no matter what I decide. Thanks for the advice though.

CC

doug_or

Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:05 am

racers22- thats what my roomate did. he had to work his butt off to get a 4 point, but now hes in and loving it.
When in doubt, one B pump off