America West Is Buying .... ?

Wed Sep 01, 1999 11:49 am

Did anybody else read that America West might look past TWA for now and instead go after someone like ATA or Hawaiian and chase TWA later?

Anybody else have any more info on this? AWA320, are you still around? You would know! HELP I'm anxious to hear something!

RE: America West Is Buying .... ?

Wed Sep 01, 1999 12:14 pm

ATA is an old rumor--where did you read this?

Wed Sep 01, 1999 1:16 pm

They BETTER not buy ATA or Hawaiian. I like both of them, and ATA's paint scheme ROCKS!
I love America West, but I don't want ATA or Hawaiian going down the tube.

DL 604

Thu Sep 02, 1999 8:53 am

Just as you, I'm anxious to hear something also... unfortunately, I'm not high up enough in the food chain here at AWA headquarters to know exactly what's going on... all I know is rumors I hear floating around the building...

One never knows exactly what's going to happen in the airline industry...

We have a very strong feeling that SOMETHING is going to happen and AWA is going to buy somebody.... time will tell, folks! Wish I could help you more, but I can't.

Good Day

Thu Sep 02, 1999 9:33 pm

Tell me it's TWA and AWA!!! Anything less would be a waste of time, being too small...

varsity

Fri Sep 03, 1999 4:16 am

I´ve always thought America West and TWA might be a good match together... east, center and west hubs and some europe routes... they might be able to pursue some european routes from Phoenix much as Delta has done from Atlanta.

I even thought of a name for it... American World Airways. Hmm... sound vaguely familiar? =)