Dornier Do 24 Flying Again...yet?

Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:37 pm

Seair (Philippines) announced plans almost 2 years ago that they would be bringing a Dornier Do 24 amphibian to the Philippines for use on charter services. They stated (via their website) that the aircraft was expected to be in their fleet by the end of 2001.

Does anyone know if this aircraft is yet in operation with Seair?

http://www.flyseair.com/index.cfm?handler=Amphibian

Also, is it a coincedence that the airline's chairman has the surname, Dornier?

RE: Dornier Do 24 Flying Again...yet?

Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:12 pm

Am I to believe that no-one out there has any idea on this?

Need info urgently over this weekend, and it seems that Seair isn't replying to emails over this time

Heinz

Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:19 am

I have had the same problem finding out any details.
The plane is the sole DO24TT built, and it is still in the 'Deutsches Museum' in Oberschleissheim, near Munich (on loan).
Seair do not reply to E-mails, maybe because nobody really knows. I went to their base at Clark Field, Pampanga, Philippines, where everyone was very friendly, but no one knew anything substanciated about the project.
The president of Seair is Mr. Iren Dornier, who also has his own engineering office in a village on Lake Constance, but has nothing to do with Dornier/Fairchild or DASA.
Meanwhile I have got the impression that the entire idea is more of wishful thinking than a seriously pursued project.

TechRep

Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:34 am

The last Do335 is in the Deutsches Museum as well. I do not know an exact number of how many are left, 60 were produced post WWII but many were sold to Spain. There should be plenty of these aircraft left, I have no idea but I am also now curious.

TechRep

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos