dragogoalie

Westwind School Of Aeronautics?

Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:24 am

Has anyone gone to or heard anythign about the Westwind School of Aeronautics? I have been looking at Hawaii Flight Academy, but if I were to go there, I would need to get a job real soon, and I've been searching for a long time and haven't found anything. I see Westwind is cheaper and has a built in Airline Bridge program, and affordable housing. What do you think?

--dragogoalie-#88--
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

kaitakfan

RE: Westwind School Of Aeronautics?

Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:06 am

are you talking the westwind here in phoenix, az? if thats the case, all I can say is pure pilot factory. you are a number to them not a person. from my little brush with westwind and fellow friends who have dealt with them as with instructors, this place needs to improve. My friend told me his instructor would tell him if he were to do some sort of manuever incorrect he would have to buy the instructor a case of beer! Sounds very professional! need I say more?

dragogoalie

Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:47 pm

Alright, thanks for the opinion, keep'em coming.

--dragogoalie-#88--

IAHERJ

Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:12 pm

Westwind is a place to get your ratings relatively fast. It will not provide you with a degree that I know of. If you already have your 4 year degree then I say attend a program like Westwind then instruct or whatever to build time. If you are looking for a place to start from 0 time and get a degree out of the thing then I suggest a 4 year university program and there are many out there.
Actually flown: EMB-120 EMB-145 B717 B737 B757 B767

dragogoalie

Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:30 pm

They actually do have a degree program through Utah Valley State College. It is a distance ed thing. I don't know of the being treated as a number rather than a person is a bad thing because it seems to me like it may be that way through the airlines. I already started at a 4 year school, but they really took their time in giving you your ratings and such, and I would really like to start building hours and experience as soon as possible. IAHERJ, where did you get your training? Any pointers you can give me on where to go? Thanks again. Your job is actually the one I want (if indeed you are flying an ERJ). At least to start out anyway. I love COA.

--dragogoalie-#88--

dragogoalie

Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:38 pm

Just putting it back up to the top again...

--dragogoalie-#88--