ContinentalEWR
Topic Author

Boston Logan & US Carriers

Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:18 pm

It has always been my understanding that Boston's Logan International Airport is not suited to a true hub operation because of geography but also due to the lack of adequate facilities to support a hub (a large and expandable air terminal, land space, and so forth). Can any one confirm the rankings of US carriers at Logan in terms of activity (flight departures daily...)

1). US Airways + US Airways Express + US Airways Shuttle

2). American Airlines, American Eagle

3). Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Delta Shuttle

4). United Airlines, United Express

5). Continental Airlines

6). Northwest Airlines

7). America West

8). Frontier, Midwest Express, etc...

PW100

RE: Boston Logan & US Carriers

Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:26 pm

Geography-wise I would expect BOS to be the natural hub for Atlantic hops...

PW100
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

roguetrader

Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:02 am

PW100,

We don't like hubs for Atlantic hops, we prefer point to point. Or at least point to hub.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

deltairlines

Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:18 am

In terms of departures of all BOS airlines, it goes American, US Airways, Delta, Cape Air, United, Continental, Air Canada, Northwest, AirTran, America West, Midwest Express, British Airways, Frontier, Alaska, Lufthansa, Air France, Midway, Icelandair, Alitalia, Swiss.

However, the departures is the one category American leads in. US Airways has the most cities served from BOS, and Delta carries the most passengers from BOS.

Jeff

PW100

Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:05 am

RogueTrader
Somehow I had a feeling [I believe thats what you call a premanition?] that something like this was to be expected from you... Just wonder when MSY-HAM will be profitable [that is with SC off course!] without hubbing........
Oh wait, I see that pulling back...you're now talking point to hub, which could be something like MSY-BOS-HAM, or MSY-AMS-HAM... Big thumbs up

PW100
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"