sleekjet

Clinton's Carrier?

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:06 pm

Can anyone look at the cover of this week's Newsweek and identify the airline he is flying on? You've got nothing to go by but the interior clues in the photo.
II Cor. 4:17-18

dripstick

RE: Clinton's Carrier?

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:09 pm

*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_*_

__*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_**
What's another word for thesaurus?

haveric

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:11 pm

It's a US Airways Shuttle A320....

Eric

ual777contrail

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:13 pm

dont know the airline, looks like business class on a widebody. i dont know but clinton is a snake.

GD727

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:22 pm

It is coach on Us Airways. I agree with Ual777contrail also, Clinton is a snake and I strongly dislike him.

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

Skystar

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:22 pm

Actually, it looks like Economy Class in an Airbus narrowbody, ie. A320 series.

Looking at the windows, they are rounded as per Airbus style, however if you look at the overhead lockers, they are of the Airbus design. The thing that makes it practically certain that it is an Airbus narrowbody is the fact that there are 3 seats by the window - no Airbus widebody has this layout (save a obscure charter airline or two). The ceiling panels are also of the Airbus design.

It probably is a US Airlines shuttle.

I believe Clinton flew UA to Australia

Cheers,

Justin

hawkeye2

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:25 pm

I don't know if he's a UA frequent flyer, but he flew on UA 1/2 LAX-HKG when he visited HKG last summer.

UALPHLCS

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:52 pm

Just as long as it isn't Air Force One Im happy.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

IMissPiedmont

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:55 pm

Clinton is a snake? I have a rattler roaming on my property that might take issue with that statement.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

CMK10

Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:55 pm

USAirways Airbus, could be a A319, 320 or 321.
I hate Clinton as well
DC-10's Forever
"Traveling light is the only way to fly" - Eric Clapton

TonyBurr

Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:06 pm

Clinton in economy!?!?! Yea, right!

BWIrwy4

Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:33 pm

TonyBurr: That's why it's most likely a shuttle; there's no first class. He's probably going down to DC for some reason or another.

bobcat

Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:58 pm

It's the USAir Shuttle from LGA to DCA. Clinton is a VERY frequent flyer on the shuttle.

It's coach-only, so he has to "suffer" just like the rest of us... Well, at least there slightly more legrom in coach on the shuttles.

He can also enjoy free booze on the shuttle.(oh, wait, only Bush would appreciate that... )  Big grin

Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:47 pm

Snake? Clinton was the greatest president in recent history. He was great unless you are of course a hick in a big pickup who hates monorities and foreigners?

notdownnlocked

Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:31 pm

After looking at the photo posted above it looks like he is now wearing a bone through his nose. Is this a tribal ritual as he may be on his way to Africa on the flight shown and may be an entry requirement?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

hawkeye2

Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:31 pm

It looks like from the pic that he's surrounded by Secret Service types, so I'm sure he still gets more room to himself than normal passengers.  Smile

Trvlr

Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:47 pm

Lewinsky flies UA Smile.

Aaron G.

Notar520AC

Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:04 pm

Maybe that's why he's UA Shuttle Trvlr...

:D -Notar520AC
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

2cn

Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:39 pm

Interesting that he can be a UA Shuttle traveler w/ the Shuttle by United no longer flying...  Insane

sleekjet

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:02 am

To all of you who expressed displeasure at this sleezebag, thanks. I agree totally. He should be flying Slimemeister Airlines, with a free seat on the toilet.

artsyman

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:42 am

I have a few pics from the Continental magazine of him flying CO also

Jer

heavymetal

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:59 am

Definately Clinton sitting in a coach seat on an Airbus.

If it were a Republican, it'd be the Enron corporate jet.

Tbird

Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:07 am

Greetings:

Hey at least most of you guys don't have his wife as Senator  Pissed I still don't know how she won, everyone on Long Island hates her. Dam upstate voters!!!!!

Thanx
Tom

OzarkD9S

Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:09 am

We need snakes like the Clintons to keep the GOP rats under control. Hillary 2004  Big thumbs up
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:39 am

It's the DemocRATs, OzarkD9S.  Smile BTW, any news on your desire to leave the good 'ole U.S. of A? Just curious.

What a staged photo op for the former C & C. He's reading a book about JFK...like he hasn't memorized and idolized the behavior that man enough already.

GD727

Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:17 am

Parra: How could you say Clinton was the greatest president. He was the WORST president in history! He is a snake, he lied to us countless times (remember the Lewinsky case?) Also, people that don't like them aren't hicks, they're called Republicans, I happen to be a Republican and proud. We do not dislike minorities, we just beleive they have to work for their money, like everybody else.

To everyone else: Sorry, this is way off subject, but I felt the need to defend us Republicans. If had an airline, I wouldn't let Clinton fly on it! I also hate Hillary Clinton!

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

LV

Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:20 am

Im sorry, I thought I was on an aviation forum, not a forum that is to blast each others political preferences

PLL-LOT

Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:27 am

Did the original thread ask for the political opinion of the posters? I don't think so.

GD727

Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:28 am

Sorry about that, I got angry. LV, you are right, it belongs in the "non-avaition" forum. I appogize to everyone.

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

jaysit

Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:31 am

I think that is a USAirways shuttle flight.

Makes me nostalgic for the 90s when airlines actually made a profit, the economy was riding high, the President was actually respected for his intelligence, and the so-called financially (ir)responsible GOP led Congress spent $ 75 million of your money and mine to come to the conclusion that Clinton got a bj.

Atheism is Myth Understood.

OzarkD9S

JonPaulGeoRingo

Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:20 am

I've decided to stay and fight the good fight  Smile
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

TimeForFlight

Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:35 am

A few things:
1 - Clinton was not a horrible President. Many of you claim he lied to the people countless times, but I guarantee you "Dubya" sure isn't the pretty ol' boy he's made out to be... Clinton did a lot for the nation and the world - aerospace included amongst all of that.

2 - If you're looking for a snake as president look towards Bush - the only evidence of Bin Laden planning terrorist attacks against the US is evidence that we stole from Al Jazeera - a tv station. Bush has done his fair share of slithering through the cracks - look at how he became president... If you're looking for a bad man - he banned most stem-cell research in fear of humans being cloned. Through doing so he also condemned thousands of people with paralysis, diabetes, and other sad disabilities to a life of pain and disadvatages.

3 - You have no right to judge any person based upon the good or the bad that they have done and that has been exposed. There are things about each one of us that we have no desire to release and make public. When you see random people sitting on flights as Clinton was you don't care whether or not they've done a few "unethical" things in their lives or not. If you choose to judge a president's success by what he or she does that is questionable, you miss out on what really counts. If you choose to look at a president's accomplishments and advances in the world during term, you truly see the essence and good that can be done. Give up on the Lewinsky deal and look for a real leader - there was a big one...

4 - It's an airbus and its a shuttle  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thanks
Isaac

redraider

Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:43 am

It says in the article that its US from DCA-LGA.
My wife can't wrestle, but you should see her box.

JA54123

Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:59 am

Hey,

It sure does seem funny to me that a person that hasn't owned his own home in over 30 years, has no furniture of his own(the Chappaqua house is owned by his cronies and the furniture too besides what was stolen from the White House and AF1), and is in debt for fines that he can't pay as well as legal bills out the wazoo, can pay for the bus fare let alone the plane ticket even in coach on any airline. I think it is deplorable that "Bonnie & Clyde" are not in jail for thier actions while they were livin it up in the White House and screwing the world up. We are in the middle of huge world turmoil because the Clinton bunch didn't know jack about running the U.S. or foriegn policy. G.W. did not know anything either, however he went and found the most knowledgable people available for his staff and so far they have been doing a damn good job. No one could have graduated from Harvard Business with a MBA and be an idiot. Now that I have voiced my opinion, let us get back to discussing what this site is here for, AIRLINERS!
You wouldn't understand, it's a Texas Thang!

deltairlines

Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:31 am

It appears to be an A320, as the cabin seems a little too long to be an A319 (US Airways Shuttle only has the A319 and A320). However, he should fly the Delta Shuttle, as there are leather seats, 36" pitch, etc.

Jeff (R-MA, Mitt Romney for Governor)

Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:56 am

Clinton did a lot for the nation and the world - aerospace included amongst all of that.

That's it TimeForFlight, can you tell me ONE thing he did for anything, aviation or anything else. The only thing this two faced liar did was get head from Monica. This president has no legacy, he just got into office when the economy was growing and the computer and technology were booming. I don't see how some of you think Clinton was the best president, and he did everything for this country. He did jack shit, and it's time for some of you to start to realize that he is NOT the best president.

Take Care,
National_757

Fly National Airlines!

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Julian Whitelaw

Hurricane

Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:00 am

Ok...How does Clinton's 'scandal' change how he ran the country? I will be the first person to admit that what he did was dispicable and shameful, but his personal life has nothing to do with how he ran the country.Look at our economic status at the end of his term... Look at how he helped to pass the first balanced budget in God knows how long... And we only strengthened ties with most of our allies.(Except who? Cuba?...North Korea?...Iraq?...) Is that what you call not know jack about running the U.S. or foriegn policy???
Andrew (D-NCJohn Edwards for President-2004)

galaxy5

Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:10 am

John Adams said:"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Patrick Henry said:"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."

George Washington said:"Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government . . . Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports."

James Madison said:"To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea."

so how can any Democrat say that no matter how bad his social and private life was it doesnt matter because he was a good president , hogwash, wake up and face the facts because of Clinton we are where we are today.
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

sleekjet

Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:20 am

Uh, my bad. Guess an innocent post revved up the masses. OK, let's agree to be friends and stick to the aircraft!

Hurricane

Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:24 am

Are you trying to say that Clinton caused 9-11 and the resulting war? Are you saying Clinton caused the Israel-Palestine war? Are you saying Clinton caused the massive recession we, and in turn the whole world, had, even though the economy was so good after he left office? Are you saying that Clinton caused every single thing that has gone wrong since he left office? A former commander in chief caused all of these horrible things? Are you blind?...THAT is hogwash...

Hurricane

Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:25 am

I'm gonna shutup now cause my previous posts can get me kicked off of these forums...Sorry for ranting...

TimeForFlight

Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:33 am

"can you tell me ONE thing he did for anything, aviation or anything else"

Per your request, I will tell you "ONE" thing he did for anything. Bill Clinton balanced the budget and, in doing so, put more more towards AIDS and Cancer research than any President ever before. Because of these actions we advanced certain medical aspects of our nation beyond what was once considered imaginable.

Ok, would you like a second thing Clinton did?

President Clinton also had the diplomatic and political skills to sit two bitter leaders down (Ehud Barak and Yasser Arafat). In doing so he brokered a peace deal for a Palestinian state which was rejected. The point is that Clinton showed the world that peace in the Mid-East was possible and ever since his departure from office, the US involvement in Mid-East affairs has been reduced and the violence has become horrible - significantly impacting aeronautical and technological achievement in this world.

I'm being open-minded here - I hope you all will too. I never said what took place in the oval office was appropriate, but you saying Clinton was a horrible leader is like one saying Nixon was a justified man.

LOT767-300ER

Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:47 pm

Are you guys joking? FFS Clinton is a corrupted )(*$&(*@&(*&$ He should be sitting in jail for what he did. Realize that our president should have values, something that Clinton never did or never will have. Oh TimeForFlight ill tell you another thing he did, make our military shrink to hell almost. Do you really think it was because of Clinton that we made medical research advancments???? Its because technology changed and Clinton had nothing to do with it. We just had more improving machines that could help us with this. As for the funding....it wasent Clinton all alone. Yea Clinton is a disgrace to moral values, your can tell your children or students in class about the president that lied to the nation and got away with it.... then what? your going to tell them that he was a good president??? some of you here are so blind..... just a disgrace.

TimeForFlight

Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:52 pm

Why do we have a need for a beefed up military with incerdible air defense systems that dont work when it rains and pays tons of extra government employees when they arent needed. this is the safest nation probably in the world - we're not going to be invaded and we're not going out and invading places - we have no need for a massive military.

dripstick

Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:57 pm

A friend to all flight attendants!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
What's another word for thesaurus?

GD727

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:04 pm

I completly agree with LOT767-300ER, that's kind of the message I was trying to covey in my earlier posts. I appologized, but I still despise Clinton. But let's move this subject over to the non-aviation forum. I don't mind this subject being here, except I'm afraid of getting kicked off this website!

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:05 pm

we have no need for a massive military.

Uh, were have you been for the last 6 mos?

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:05 pm

we have no need for a massive military.

Whoa! This is one hell of an incorrect statement. Yeah but I agree with you, we don't need a military at all. We should just hold hands with other countries and be friends with everyone, including our enimies. Who needs the military right. They don't do anything for this country anyway.

Man you are full of shit. I don't even know where to begin. Without a dominating military presense, we'll just get blown away by the terrorists and especially Communist China. This is crazy. If you don't want to live in a country with a huge military, move to Canada.

this is the safest nation probably in the world
This is true BECAUSE OF OUR MILITARY. THEY ARE THE FORCE THAT PREVENTS OTHER COUNTRIES FROM WALKING ALL OVER US! Where in the hell were you educated, Berkley, California.

Take Care,
National_757

Fly National Airlines!

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Julian Whitelaw

TimeForFlight

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:07 pm

back to aviation... id be happy to discuss this elsewhere, but i remind you all this is not a world war and we should live our lives happily and enjoy aviation as it is a privledge we all have and should enjoy appropriately.

TimeForFlight

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:10 pm

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/206741/

lets please continue the topic here...