aussie_

Anyone Works For LH Here?

Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:21 am

Anyone here from Germany?
Hi, I am a student in Australia and am interested in getting an intership over my summer (Euro winter) with Lufthansa, the main reason being wanting to improve my German (already good).

There is an email form on their website but it's designed for German applicants. I am keen to get the email address of a "real" person inside LH to negotiate with in this regard, but I find nothing remotely useful on their website.

As phoning Germany is a little out of the question, if anyone can provide me with a relevant email address or tell me where I can find it, it would be fantastic.

Also if anyone else knows of other German-language airlines with intrnship opportunties, I would be very interested in knowing.

Please email me at apa_c@hotmail.com with any info (to ensure privacy)

Thanks

RE: Anyone Works For LH Here?

Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:43 pm

I think there is someone on this board working for LH but I forgot who it was. So keeping this up might be good as more people are likely to read it then.

As for the internship, I don't know if it's any different with people from elsewhere but when I tried to get one last year they told me it would take at least one year until you have a chance. I think these things are very popular. I ended up doing it for German ATC then.
Do you want to do a long internship or just a real short one ?

johnnybgoode

Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:13 pm

welcome to the club, i´m doing an internship at Lufthansa CityLine starting this May.
you might try it there, it seems that CLH is a more welcoming place.

would your internship be attached to some study programm or whatever? i´ve found that getting an internship at LH without having some experience in the field (aviation/economics) is quite hard. for that, you certainly needed good relations to some at LH.

cheers
daniel

If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Flying-Tiger

Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:24 pm

Take a look into your mailbox.

Regards
Flying-Tiger
http://fly.to/rorders
Flown: A319/320/321,A332/3,A380,AT4,AT7,B732/3/4/5/7/8,B742/4,B762/763,B772,CR2,CR7,ER4,E70,E75,F50/70,M11,L15,S20

aussie_

Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:02 pm

Johnnybgood:

Would you be able to email me the contact details (preferably email) of someone at LH Cityline I could contact?

In terms of study program, I am studying law (certainly no economics) but have completed a thesis on the aviation industry last year and have also done some work experience in the industry. I have also done studies in languages and speak French fluently and quite good German.

Skystar

Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:05 pm

Alex,

You can also try the LH US website (fluency in German is required, IIRC). Everything on that site is "auf Englisch". You might also want to have a chat to some of the locals, a lot in the SYD office are actually German girls out on assignment.

From what I've heard, LH are chiefly interested in people with a business based educational background (unless you want to become tech/cabin crew).

There is certainly a LH employee here, but I've forgotten his username - I remember his name though  Smile

Cheers,

Justin

airsicknessbag

Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:00 am

>>>From what I've heard, LH are chiefly interested in people with a business based educational background (unless you want to become tech/cabin crew).

No, for LH it´s not so important WHAT you study, it´s important HOW you study it. I did an internship at LH when I still was at school, and one at in an airport´s legal department (I studied law too).

One piece of advice (if I may): I´ve found LH to be not very responsive to eMails, in many respects. So why not just send a letter to Human Resources? And I mean a real world letter on real world paper delivered by a real world mail man Big grin . They´ll certainly send you information about internships.

BTW, you should be in the second half of your studies, what´s that in Australia, 3rd/4th year?

Daniel Smile

johnnybgoode

Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:34 am

Aussie,

i´ll keep watching for any contact i could provide you with. the thing is i got this internship through my father, who works at CLH (pilots the ARJs but also has an office at their HQ since he´s senior trainingscpt) and that was my "contact".
i sent a common application and whatever as if i would apply for any other job or internship, however, i don´t know if that would work for everybody.
for mail adresses you might check out the Lufthansa CityLine homepage. http://www.lufthansacityline.com/cityline/index_en.html
if i come across additional info as soon as i´m there, which is still a month to go, i´ll pass it on to you.

cheers
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

GeneralA

Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:27 am

You can also apply at Lufthansa Technik. Not only do they offer internships for students of engineering, but economics and law as well.
As Airsicknessbag suggested: write letters, no e-mails  Wink/being sarcastic

I´m doing my intership semester with Lufthansa Technik this year in Hamburg (aircraft noise reduction of VIP aircraft - hope you have seen the report on Kabel1 a few weeks ago - it´s the same department)

Here´s the contact address:

Lufthansa Technik AG
Personalabteilung
HAM TH1
Weg beim Jaeger 193
D-22335 Hamburg
(040)50703444
praktikanten@lht.dlh.de

GeneralA

aussie_

Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:22 am

Thank you everyone for the assistance. Airsicknessbag: do you have an address for human resources. It can't hurt to send off a letter (perhaps with a CV attached).

airsicknessbag

Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:46 pm

Umm, no, but I´d just use the HQ´s standard postal address which is

Deutsche Lufthansa AG
von-Gablenz-Str. 2-6
D-50679 Köln (Just in case your computer doesn´t support the character between K and "L", that´s an "o" with two dots on it)
Germany

If you address it to the "Human Resources Department" on the envelope and/or the letter, they´ll know where to forward it, even without the exact internal code.

Daniel Smile

aussie_

Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:24 am

Thanks, Airsicknessbag.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos