SInGAPORE_AIR

Lufthansa Recovery Slows

Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:07 pm

(not an article)

Lufthansa a Star Alliance Member, announced that load factor increased 2.6% in March, however that was smaller than the 3.5% increase in February.

The drop was because the airline did not get the capacity right. Traffic was down 11.8 per cent year-on-year in March, against a 13.6 per cent cut in capacity.

Analysts believe that Lufthansa is finding it hard to fill up seats because it's trying to protect yields.

More information at the Financial Times website
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Fly-K

RE: Lufthansa Recovery Slows

Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:38 pm

The official reason LH is giving for this is that the summer schedule started later this year (March 31) and also Easter holidays in Germany were later this year...
Seems like the analysts are believing it, as the share price has not dropped.

Konstantin
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

hkgspotter1

Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:40 pm

Mr. Negative srikes again !!.

On the other hand the business of SQ goes up and up and up and up and up and up................

Andreas

Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:05 pm

Most negative news are already included in share prices of LH.
Well I'm sure glad LH is a close SQ partner..*ggg*...maybe after SQ's worldwide takeover of civil aviation, they grant LH a nice warm and cozy place in their group structure, where there's no Ryanair or any such bad boys to say foul words to the crane people.

have a nice day anyway
Andreas
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

hawkeye2

Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:36 am

For the record, Singapore_Air has posted quite a few positive articles about airlines other than SQ...