Toledo Concorde?

Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:07 am

Well.... This shouldnt be a shock to MOST of us who asked WHY IS TOLEDO OHIO (TOL) GOING TO GET A BRITISH AIRWAYS CONCORDE CHARTER?

Well, they are not. Dont waste your time, heading to Toledo to see something that wont be there this weekend.

Making some phone calls a couple weeks back to see if this was still going to happen I spoke with a British Airways agent and she kindly said that Toledo couldnt fill it. They are going to fly the people who did buy tickets to JFK to catch a regularly scheduled Concorde flight.... All 40 of them.

Any other city could have filled a Concorde. Boo hoo….  Big grin

KROC

RE: Toledo Concorde?

Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:12 am

Who in their right mind would have thought there would be enough people in Toledo who could afford a trip on the concorde anyway?

USAFWX

Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:45 am

HA! Why Toledo would get a concorde baffles me. Toledo is so blue collar, it makes Pittsburgh look like L.A.!

Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:50 am

Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland would have worked I'm sure.

jayhup

Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:10 am

Several years ago I worked a BA Concorde (reg G-BOAD for those keeping score at home) charter that went ICT-JFK-LHR. It was completely full. Our arrival the day before made the front page of the newspaper. I'm sure next time Toledo will be able to fill it....

JH

DSMav8r

Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:36 am

These kind of charters pop up occassionally...There was a vacation package recently that was supposed to bring the Concorde into DSM as well, but like Toledo, they couldn't fill it.

The Concorde has been at OMA on a couple of occassions. One was just a standard charter that went OMA-JFK-LHR and the other was chartered by I believe by local billionaire Warren Buffett.
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home

GDB

Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:04 am

This came up a few weeks ago, it's just a bunch of people booked on to a normal BA002 service, as the first part of a trip to sightsee around England, I think they also return on the QE2.

BH346

Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:06 am

LOL, Wichita. If Wichita got it, then Toledo can. BTW, I remember seeing years ago a Concorde land at Little Rock.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

ouboy79

Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:34 am

One should note that this travel agency advertised it 1 week about 4 months ago in the daily local rag. Nothing else was mentioned and the only place you could find it was on the airport's website at toledoexpress.com under news. Had they actually advertised it, it may have been filled. Its hard to sell something when no one knows about it! LOL

ExpressJet_ERJ

Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:41 am

Cleveland was supposed to get an Air France concorde. But when the Concorde crashed out of CDG it was cancelled.
ETOPS...Engines Turn Or People Swim

serge

Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:00 am

Billings Logan (BIL) was also supposed to get a Concorde charter a few years ago... couldn't fill it so it was cancelled.

Just FYI....

...Serge

RE: Witchita...

Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:25 am

Witchita... Concorde.... Like I said, any other city could have filled it. Whats this prove??? Farmers are doing better financially than Owens Corning workers.

flyinryan99

Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:41 pm

Rolex....I have a question for u...don't take this personal but do you work for the Blade? It just seems that you have the same mentality of them always trashing the city and always out there to look for something negative about it. I'm just curoius, that's all.

Ryan

HSVXJ

Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:52 pm

We got an Air France Concorde charter here in Huntsville back in Oct 99. Thousands came out to watch it land, and even more came out to watch it depart the next morning (having a concorde RON was quite a surprise for the overnighting MD80 and Avro crews that night.) I've got some kick ass pictures of it.

In fact, that Concorde charter went so well, they're trying to bring it back this summer. When they do, we'll be the only city in Alabama to have had the Concorde. Twice even.

Just bragging...

chRis
http://www.spaldingcm.com
Nature forms us for ourselves, not for others; to be, not to seem.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos