propilotjw

Virgin Information

Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:58 am

I was in class and a guy did a presentaion on Virgin Atlantic. He said some things that i don't agree with:
1) Richard Branson puts in millions of dollars of his own to keep the company profitable.
2) I agree that Branson is the CEO but he said there is no CFO, CIO, etc
any info to help me? thanks for replies.

All You Want To Know About Virgin Atlantic

Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:12 am

Prior to creating Virgin Atlantic, Richie Branson was the head of Virgin Records, a record company he created in the mid-1970's. One day, back in early 1984, a friend asked him if he wanted to start 747 service from London to New York. Branson happily said yes, and ordered one Boeing 747-200(G-VIRG, I believe) to launch that route. But, he realized that in order to get his new airline info full swing, he needed more money. As a result of this dilemma, Branson sold Virgin Records to EMI Latin(another record company) for over 1 billion U.S. dollars. As a result of this sale, Branson's newly acquired billions served him well to order more aircraft and expand his airline. The rest, is history.

As far as Branson's status in the company, I know that he is the CEO. But I believe there are other people in the company who serve as CFO, COO, CIO etc. I do not know for sure. Hope this helps.

-Nightcruiser

Cyprus-Turkish

RE: Virgin Information

Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:30 am

According to what Branson says, there is a constant cash flow between the Virgin companies to support each other. So if Virgin Atlantic is not doing very good, cash could be injected from Virgin Blue or Virgin Mobile.

What ever he does, he sure does a good job. I found a one-way ticket which i was looking for a long time for mid august from Gatwick to Orlando for 360 dollars. British is almost 700 dollars.

propilotjw

RE: Virgin Information

Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:42 am

So am I understandng this right? He dosen't put HIS money into the comapny? He defers money from the other companys under the Virgin Name where needed? thanks!