Concorde: BA Vs. AF

Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:31 am

*IF* i could manage to afford a ticket on the concorde, which airline do you recommend. If this works out I am planning on having a once in a lifetime experience..

Thanks ALOT!!!!!
BA DC-10

RE: Concorde: BA Vs. AF

Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:51 am

BA definitely, if i remember rightly, the inside of an AF concorde looks like a 60's soviet transporter. BA have also just spent millions refiting concorde with very posh seats, and the bathrooms are amazing. The food is also great and the free gifts are always bling bling if you get the picture hehe!

Hope this has helped.

Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:04 am

I flew with BA the 2 times I went on concorde and both times were exellent. I reccomend BA.
Regards, and have a great flight with whoever you choose,

Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:20 pm

BA is a little more expensive that AF, but the whole experiences is far superior.

From the minute you arrive at the airport that are special VIP style Concorde lounges right at the boarding gate.

On the BA service they also have a standby aircraft available should a technical issue prevent the main aircraft from carrying out the route. With AF there is a chance the service could be cancelled and you put on a regular sub-sonic aircraft.

BA's food and service is generally regarded as being much better, but on Air France they possibly have a better selection of wines.

Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:02 pm

I would say for the cabin layout, BA.
For the food, soory, but it is AF: Menus have been elaborated by Alain Ducasse, the first chef to have 2 restaurants with the 3 "stars'' in the Michelin guide.
And of course, as Gordonroxburgh says, a fantastic selection of wines.
And at CDG, AF has the same type of VIP lounges, dedicated way through security, and special services.
My choice? CDG JFK with AF, and return JFK LHR with BA. And if you have to travel from LHR to Paris, why not try the Eurostar (High speed train crossing the Channel)
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:45 pm

BA definitely. AF is much more of a 'gourmet' experience as stated above, but bearing in mind that you only have just over two hours to enjoy it (in terms of the overall service rather than time) I'd recommend that if you want to go the 'gourmet' route then fly AF long haul subsonic.