Anyone Flown Virgin Blue?

Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:05 am

I'll be taking two flights (MEL-SYD & SYD-BNE) in June. I'm just wondering what the service on Virgin Blue is like. Anything unique to them?

Aviation Photographers & Enthusiasts--Coordinate your life.

RE: Anyone Flown Virgin Blue?

Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:17 am

I have flown them 5 times and will be on them 4 more times in the next month...

I really like them. You get no inflight service unless you pay but for such short flights it isn't a hassle.

The cabin staff are very friendly and really enjoy their jobs. If you're lucky you'll get one of the "personalities" such as the elvis-impersonator F/A or the one who does announcements in a buddhist-like chant. Face painting is also available on request, time permitting.

The F/As call their passengers guests and start announcments by "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls"... Generally they are just happy people doing their job well as well as professionally.

The other good thing - they are almost always on time!

On MEL-SYD and SYD-BNE, you are most likely to find yourself on a 737-400 and 737-800... for which I am jealous... I always find myself lumped on their -700s which are nice aircraft but you get sick of them after a while.

Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:21 am

An interesting trend is emerging in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World survey - Aussie blokes are voting strongly for the female cabin crew on Virgin Blue flights.

On the eve of his Australian visit, Richard Branson has been greeted by the news that hot-blooded Aussie males everywhere consider his Virgin Blue staff the sexiest in the sky.

As Virgin Blue staff only reveal their first names on their ID badges, FHM magazine have contacted Management at the airline, who have meticulously gone through past flight records to figure out whom the nominated "skyspunks" are - as nominations such as "Hostie called Donna from Virgin Blue flight Brisbane to Sydney" left FHM staff perplexed.

The eight mystery Virgin Blue girls will be identified on Monday, when Richard Branson and FHM Editor John Bastick, meet the crew members

Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:37 pm

I suggest you to have a look passengers' comments on Vrigin Blue (but I'm unable to agree with some comments).

Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:33 pm

I flew with them last month ADL-BBN/BBN-ADL. I got a 737-700 on the way up and a 737-800 on the way back. Yes their cabin crew are quite friendly and their female F/A's are pretty sexy i gotta agree. On the return flight from BBN however the flight was delayed approx 2 hours due a/c technical faults or something but all up it was good!