SInGAPORE_AIR

Singapore Airlines Load Factor Up Sharply

Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:32 am

(not an article)

Singapore Airlines Limited announced a sharp increase in overall load factor in March, surprising many investors.

The overall load factor rose to 76% from 71.1% a year ago.

The solid performance will rescue Singapore Airlines Limited from incurring a FY loss. This is the third consecutive month that load factors have increased.

"That's really a surprise. The scale of the jump is well beyond what many people had expected, me included," said John Casey, a Singapore-based regional airline analyst at DBS Vickers Securities. Most has thought the figures would be similar to February.

Passenger load factor was at 81.6% in March from 75% last March. February's (which actually included Chinese New Year) was lower at 77.6%. Cargo load factor increased from 68.3% to 72.4% and 69.6% in February.

TBC...
--------

This is excellent news. This is great news that SIA is posting such strong passenger figures. Not only do these show that Singapore Airlines' strong management has lead to better capacity arrangement and fares, it shows that the airline industry itself it coming back up.

Now that the Financial Year at Singapore Airlines Limited has ended, the airline can now invest more into improving passenger amenities and service. More information later...
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Singapore Airlines Load Factor Up Sharply

Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:41 am

(not an article)

Passenger traffic gret 7% to 6.33 billion passenger kilometres in March. The airline carried 1.32 million passengers in March, up 3.6% from last year.

Singapore Airlines Cargo saw cargo traffic up 13% to 606.6 million freight-ton kilometres. It carried 92.6 million kilograms of cargo, up 3.6% from last year.

With the strong March figures, SIA is set to defend a loss-less profit record.

The strong recovery in the core business has led analysts to predict a profit for the year end after seeing the profits in H1 plummet 88% of which I provided full coverage exclusively on Airliners.net

Singapore Airlines is also launching it's new SpaceBed, the largest and widest business class seat in the sky in May and will launch a route to Las Vegas from Singapore via HKG in August featuring the aformentioned product.

TBC...

hkgspotter1

Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:48 am

Did I miss something or has he replied to himself  Confused

Airbus_A340

Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:08 am

"(not an article)

Singapore Airlines Limited announced "
""That's really a surprise. The scale of the jump is well beyond what many people had expected, me included," said John Casey, a Singapore-based regional airline analyst at DBS Vickers Securities"

So you typed this up yourself did you?
What is the source?

Trevor
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com

BlatantEcho

Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:09 am

Looks like you did miss something.

Read either one of the posts, and you will see they compliment each other just fine. First one is about load factors, second is follow up information in regards to other important SIA's health indicators.
They're not handing trophies out today

SInGAPORE_AIR

Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:27 am

Thank you BlatantEcho for seeing the logic in my posts. Unfortunately I was detained while I ate dinner.

Anyway...

(not an article)

Though traffic has risen sharply, it is always in the airline industry that yields follow slower and therefore we will still have to wait some time before yields rise up to Pre-September 11 2001 levels.

More at the Dow Jones / Yahoo website and the Reuters / Yahoo website

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos