concorde1518

AA Eagle Fleet Plans

Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:36 am

Wow, im behind on the times! I went to www.aa.com and low and behold, they have a new site! I knew that they were working on it, but I had no idea it was launched! Anyway, I went to the fleet area, and I realized there is now a CRJ-700 in the Ameriican Eagle fleet! I had no idea! Also, the info/seat maps for the ERJ-140 are gone. Could someone please fill me in on the use for the -700, and when it was delivered and how many have been ordered? Also, what's the deal with the ERJ-140? Was there a reason for not including the ERJ-140 on the fleet page, or was it just a screw up by the webmaster?

Thanks guys!
 Smile

blink182

RE: AA Eagle Fleet Plans

Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:32 am

I cannot give you exact info, but the AE CRJ's were delivered a couple of months ago and are used on American Eagle routes requiring extra range and extra capacity.

I think not including the ERJ140 was for the most part, a screw up by the AA webmaster. Great site, don't you think? It has only been up for about 72 hours or so.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

usairways85

Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:35 am

yeah it must be a screw up by the webmaster, because on the 4/1/02 issue of American Way, the fleet page listed the ERJ140 as well as all the other AE aircraft.

concorde1518

Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:54 am

Definately a good site! Thanks, guys!

Smile

jetskipper

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:44 pm

I saw their CRJ in Milwaukee. AE is using it a few times a day between MKE and DFW. I have never liked how the CRJ looked, but the -700 was pretty sharp looking. It sits a little taller, has a belly cargo area, and also has leading edge slats...all making it look more like a mainline aircraft. Still don't like the AE colors though.

tt737fo

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:58 pm

I just read that they are replacing all their SF340s with YS-11s by the first of the year

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos