Airline Advertising In Canada

Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:53 am

I am currently working on a school project where I have to come up with an advertising strategy for a new airline in the canadian market. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to any advertising information about air canada. I'm also interested to hear your opinions about advertising in the monopolised canadian airline market.

Thanks a lot for all replies

RE: Airline Advertising In Canada

Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:06 am

Whats there to advertise?? It's like aeroflot, fly us or walk...

Actually AC has been putting a lot of money into adverts lately...I did think that the latest ones with the various statments like "Experiance" and the others which showed one aspect of the company that was related to the statement...the one I remember the most was the shot of the crew preparing for take off...in some bad weather...that was the "experiance" one...These were all TV ads by ther way....

I think that AC has a media section on their website...but as for promotions I would try and contact their customer service people and ask them to direct you to the right people, or to send you an info package or something...
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

RE: Airline Advertising In Canada

Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:10 am

Here's the perfect slogan that will win you tons of business: "We're not Air Canada"  Big thumbs up
fuddle duddle