Olympic A-340
Topic Author

Price Of Obtaining ATP And All Applicable Ratings

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:44 am

Could someone give me a rough estimate of how much I should expect to pay each year to obtain my ATP and all other applicable ratings. I expect to start working towards my private rating in july or august initially flying once or twice a week. During college the subsequent year, I plan to take flying lessons while obtaining a major pertinent to business or aviation.
Thank you

uvalencia

RE: Price Of Obtaining ATP And All Applicable Ratings

Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:09 am

I am not sure about all the aplicable ratings but I can tell you what I know, I have just begun my flying lessons in a Cessna Authorized Pilot Center in Jabara Airport (AAO) in Wichita KS. I fly twice a week and currently am I paying 132.72USD per hour, 98 USD for the aircraft (a very nice 2000 Cessna 172) and 25 USD for the instructor plus tax. Of course you can get a cheaper airplane, there is another airport around here (Benton KS) which will charge like 80USD for an older 172 and 60USD for a 152, but I really feel more comfortable in the new Cessna 172.

Anyway, lets say you go to a place which charge 98.00 per hour, you need at least 30hrs with an instructor so 132.72X30=3981.6USD
10 hrs of solo 10x104.86=1048.6USD, so that comes to a total of 5030.2 USD.

Plan to fligh at least twice a week and you are looking to something around 1200USD a month for you flight training, only for the private .

Hope this help

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos