usairways@clt

Is It Possible To Agree On An Airline?

Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:06 am

I was reading through some of the older topics about airlines, and it seems NO ONE can agree on a decent airline - that is, an airline with reliable, friendly service, comfortable, modern, clean planes, low fares, good route structure, etc. So are there ANY airlines that you all can agree that are good??

just wondering..i dont think it's possible!

zach

TimeForFlight

RE: Is It Possible To Agree On An Airline?

Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:11 am

virgin atlantic for long haul
manx airlines for short haul

Scand_Flyer

Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:25 am

After reading a large number of posts on this forum, I have the impression that most members here consider Singapore Airliens to be a good airline. Can't remember reading negative posts about them.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

UALbrat

Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:28 am

I doubt whether the 10,000+ folks on a.net can agree on anything but I will put forward that the major carriers I fly most -- AA and UA -- are consistently good. Sometimes great, but always good. When I've had negative experiences in recent years, it has always been because of something beyond the control of the airline or its employees.

I think anyone who trashes -- or praises -- an airline should qualify his/her remarks with the number of segments flown and during what time period. For instance, based on the one RT I took in 2001 on HP, I'd have to say it is an excellent airline! But judging from the other posts I've seen, they're below average.