sunbird

The Concord @ N.Y.

Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:13 am

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Carlos Borda

How long is her lay over in New York? every time I see a pic she is parked some where on the ramp. Does she stay over night or what?...........just wondering

STT757

RE: The Concord @ N.Y.

Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:02 am

I know Air France keeps a spare on hard stand just in case, almost everytime I go to JFK there's one AF Concorde at the gate and one on hard stand at Terminal One.

Not sure but I would assume BA does the same, it's hard to see the ramp side of the BA Terminal where as the AF Concorde usually parks at the Terminal One gate right next to the Van Wyck Expressway entrance. Excellent view, real close to the fence.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

GDB

Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:06 am

As more modified aircraft re-enter service, BA has started overnighting as before.
From November last year until April, BA turned the BA001 around to operate the BA002.
Now the BA002 is back to it's usual time, actually it now departs at 08:30 rather the 08:45 as before, so that pax. can connect with more international flights out of LHR.
This will increase loads on the BA002 by 25% it's hoped, and we've been seeing signs of that already.

mikephotos

Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:22 am

As mentioned, the BA Concorde overnights at JFK.

BA001 arrives JFK at 925am and is parked until the next morning for the 830am departure as BA002.

Air France is similar. AF002 arrives from CDG at 825am. AF001 departs JFK at 800am.

Michael

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos