LeoDF
Topic Author

New International Airport For Mexico City

Fri Sep 10, 1999 11:27 am

This topic has been up for discussion the last 10 years. Mexico City's Airport is overcrowded, but would you travel on a 60 minute or more trip from Mexico City to Hidalgo, which is where they want to put the new airport? I think it will be a bit too far for passengers. What do you think? Do you think the airport will be done or is it just an opinion? The only truth here is that the Benito Juarez airport is overcrowded!
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

RE: New International Airport For Mexico City

Fri Sep 10, 1999 11:48 am

All the way to Hidalgo??? No es posible! I think it would be better for them to build another airport out there, but build it as a satellite airport to accomodate the overflow from MEX. Besides, I love Juarez! As overcrowded as it is, I think its a great airport. Too bad we never take the 777s there. By the way, I used to live in Polanco.

United946
Burlingame, California

LeoDF
Topic Author

United946

Sun Sep 12, 1999 9:02 am

all the way down to Hidalgo. Stupid isn't it?? I live in la Del Valle, and the view of commercial airplanes is great. And well there was 1 777 that arrived to Mexico city, Lauda, but it cancelled its flights. too bad!!1 Well thank you for your answer
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

IB6400

RE: New International Airport For Mexico City

Sun Sep 12, 1999 11:21 am

Hi! Hidalgo is too far away from Mexico City! If they need to change the airport I think the best will be Toluca. It´s very near just 30 minutes by car and very nice airport. And not too far as Hidalgo. By the way United946, Polanco is a great zone, and a great place to see planes in route to MEX (I live there)   Joaquín Mexico City
Yo soy yo más mis circunstancias - J. Ortega y Gasset