SEA nw DC10
Topic Author

Hilarious F/a On A Southwest Flight Today...

Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:34 pm

Flying out of SNA today, we had some hilarious flight attendants. For those of you who have never departed out of SNA, every aircraft performs a noise-abatement take off, basically a few seconds after you lift off, the pilot cuts the engines back to produce less sound around the houses...

Anyways, after we took off and about a couple seconds after the Captain cut the power back she said, "Sshhhhh...everybody be quiet as we pass over the houses.."

During the flight, they said, after announcing the bev. service, "If there is anything our crew can do to make your flight more enjoyable...keep it to yourself."

Love you guys at SW!

SEAnwDC10 - NWA

clipperhawaii

RE: Hilarious F/a On A Southwest Flight Today...

Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:54 pm

This is why SW is the only carrier that made money in the first quarter. They dont take themselves too seriously.
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

Cathay Pacific

Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:08 pm

sounds like a fun airline to fly with!!  Smile

Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzyCathay Pacific Airways....Now you are really flying Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:10 pm

LOL! You gotta love Southwest. They may not have the best in In Flight Entertainment, but their cabin crew is one of the best in the industry.

Take Care,
National_757

FrequentFlyKid

Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:28 pm

Errrr.....any in-flight entertainment.

I'm looking forward to my first Southwest trip at the end of May!

deltaflyertoo

Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:26 pm

I find their humour to be funny and it makes the journey cool. But, I've also found it to be very hit and miss. I fly SWA 4X a year and the last time I had any fun like that was 3 years ago. It is my opinion only that the reason for this is they have grown so much since then that it is tough to keep staffing so many so called comedians.

ThirtyEcho

Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:46 pm

I've heard lots of funny stuff from WN flight attendants as I've been flying the airline since 1974. One of the best was the annoucement on pushback "...in the event of a sudden cabin depressurization, an oxygen mask will drop down from the overhead; now, after y'all stop screaming, place the mask..."
Another came from the flight deck when passengers were slow to find seats, "Everybody just sit down and shut up and we'll get this puppy to Dallas."

tbar220

Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:01 pm

I heard some good ones...like...

"In case of a sudden cabin depressurization, first get your husband to stop wailing like a little baby, and then help him get his oxygen mask on."

"This is a non-smoking flight just like all of Southwest Airlines. Now if you really want to smoke, you can always sit on the wings outside, but I wouldn't suggest it."

((good looking flight attendant speaking to thirteen year old kid in emergency aisle)) "I'm sorry, you can't sit in that aisle. I'm not saying that you're not a studly, good looking man, and I'm sure your plenty strong to handle it, but wait till you're older" ((kid slowly turning a dark shade of red))

((after departing from LAX)) "And on your left is the beautiful Pacific Ocean. If you strain your eyes just hard enough to your right, you just might be able to see downtown L.A. through all that smog folks"

Great stuff  Big thumbs up
NO URLS in signature

brains

Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:09 pm

On WN 203 a week ago today, an F/A got on the PA after we landed in BDL and sang happy birthday, Monroe style, to one of the passengers. It was amusing. First time I've ever heard an F/A sing, onboard an a/c at least.
Brains

jayhup

Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:21 pm

My brother and a friend heard this joke on a Southwest flight last year and are still laughing about it....

A grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says...'hey, we've got a drink named after you.' The grasshopper responds...'you have a drink named Steve?'

According to them they were the only two laughing. I thought it was kind of witty.....

JH