ctang

A Flight Like SQ218 From Sydney

Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:39 pm

Could SIA have a flight from Sydney like SQ218 (MEL-SIN) which arrives into Singapore early in the morning so that people can go to places like Hong Kong in the morning instead of the evening.

RE: A Flight Like SQ218 From Sydney

Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:02 pm

Ctang,

I have often wondered this, and I would like a flight option ex Sydney to rival SQ218. But SQ218 leaves MEL at {according to www.singaporeair.com.au} 0050 hours...nearly 1am Melbourne time. Because of the close proximity of SYD KSA to the residential areas of SYD and also the city I think restrictions would be placed on ops at this hour- Melbourne is quite a distance from the city etc {more than SYD anyway} and that is why flights have more freedom to leave from MEL at this hour.

Sydney:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Craig Murray

Melbourne:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Frank Schaefer

Hope this answers your query,
SixStarAnsett  Big thumbs up

dynkrisolo

RE: A Flight Like SQ218 From Sydney

Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:43 pm

SixStarAnsett is correct. There is a curfew enforced at the Sydney airport. As a result, it's not possible to have a midnight departure in Sydney.