Topic Author

Best Seat And IFE Improvements On AC's A333

Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:19 am

I will be flying LHR-YYZ return both ways on the A330-300 in July and August later this year.
Can anyone tell me which is the best seat and whether there will be any improvement of their IFE by then because at the moment there are no PTVs!!!

aamd11

RE: Best Seat And IFE Improvements On AC's A333

Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:22 am

No there will be NO PTVs and the best seats are near the back where the aircraft narrows off towards the tail section.

Rick767

Fri Apr 26, 2002 7:06 am

I recently had my first and last experience with AC.

Whilst I only speak from experience of two flights (LHR-YUL-LHR in March this year) I must say I was extremely dissapointed with Air Canada.

Customer service was terrible, FAs were rude, was amazed to find no PTV in economy on an A330 (oldest of which delivered in 1999, come on AC what's that all about?!).

The check in at YUL on the return was a shambles, 3 flights departing at once (CDG, FRA and LHR) all checking in at an exceptional four desks! Queued for about an hour (honestly!).

The check in assistant was rude and not apologetic of the fact my reserved seats (reserved with AC direct by telephone in both directions weeks before my departure) had been given to someone else.

The only good thing was flights were on time both ways. But that really was the only plus.

I will fly with BA next time, it is worth the extra money by far.
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...

jaysit

Fri Apr 26, 2002 10:46 am

Ive flown Air Canada to Tokyo and back in Coach, and while there are no PTVS in their new A340s, the service was professional and friendly and caring. In addition, the audio selections were excellent. Food was average at best.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos