ammunition

Delhi-Mumbai Return Ticket

Sat May 04, 2002 11:34 am

Hey im planning a trip to india, and was wondering what the fares are for the trip to mumbai from delhi. I am planning to book a few days or a week or 2 prior to travel, whilst in india, as i am not 100% sure if whether i am going to explore mumbai.
I want to experience an indian domestic airline, but i dont want to pay heaps of money. I could fly the route with air india, on either the 744 or A313, or indian airlines A320, or possibly 737's e.t.c. with other carriers. Any suggestions which one i should fly?
What is the best fare available in july/august. Will it be cheaper if i book in india through a travel agent or online? I checked some fares off their websites and they were about 5500ruppees per 1 way with indian airlines, will i be able to find cheaper flights when there?
Thank you in advance for any info.
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

BarfBag

RE: Delhi-Mumbai Return Ticket

Sat May 04, 2002 1:04 pm

How about jetairways.com ? I don't know if they allow online booking, but they do list US offices, IIRC. Rs.5500 is about $120. Thats not bad at all. DEL-BOM is the most high-profile sector in India. Personally, I prefer IA's A320's to 9Ws B737s, but the latter has awesome service.

abhi

Sat May 04, 2002 5:29 pm

gotta fly jet airways man .. its kinda steep if your a budget traveller but if possible for you try to take the night flight which has a lower fare .. thats true for any airline i think flying between bombay and delhi but if you want great service you have to check out jet airways .. nothing to beat it ..

by the way .. i recommend you check out bombay too .. not sure if theres much in delhi for you unless you wanna go to the taj mahal .. again .. i think you should do that too but who am i to tell you  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

let me know how your trip went .. email me if you have any more info .. i'm from there and i would love to help out a tourist in my country ..

IndianGuy

Sat May 04, 2002 8:56 pm

AI offers pretty cheap fares on the few domestic routes that they operate on. You should get a day fare as low as 3500/- (compared to 5000 on IC).

Since your are an NRI, why dont u try IC's "Visit India* offer. For a fixed sum (payable in dollars), you can fly unlimited in India for a Fortnight or a Month. You have to pay a fee of Rs.200/- for every embarkation though.

There is similar scheme with 9W as well , but can travel only in one direction (N-S or vv) or some such.

Hope this helped.

Roy.

ammunition

Sat May 04, 2002 9:23 pm

Thank you for all your information.
I think i will book air india most likely as they are the cheapest- and i get to go on their (fab) 744's.
Do you think i will be able to book while i am in india, i think i am definately gonna include mumbai in my travel plans.
The visit india scheme sounds good, but i think it is far too expensive and restricting. I only want to visit mumbai by plane and then maybe head south by train.
Thank you all again for your information.  Smile
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'