ammunition

Delhi-Mumbai Return Ticket

Sat May 04, 2002 11:34 am

Hey im planning a trip to india, and was wondering what the fares are for the trip to mumbai from delhi. I am planning to book a few days or a week or 2 prior to travel, whilst in india, as i am not 100% sure if whether i am going to explore mumbai.
I want to experience an indian domestic airline, but i dont want to pay heaps of money. I could fly the route with air india, on either the 744 or A313, or indian airlines A320, or possibly 737's e.t.c. with other carriers. Any suggestions which one i should fly?
What is the best fare available in july/august. Will it be cheaper if i book in india through a travel agent or online? I checked some fares off their websites and they were about 5500ruppees per 1 way with indian airlines, will i be able to find cheaper flights when there?
Thank you in advance for any info.
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

BarfBag

RE: Delhi-Mumbai Return Ticket

Sat May 04, 2002 1:04 pm

How about jetairways.com ? I don't know if they allow online booking, but they do list US offices, IIRC. Rs.5500 is about $120. Thats not bad at all. DEL-BOM is the most high-profile sector in India. Personally, I prefer IA's A320's to 9Ws B737s, but the latter has awesome service.

abhi

Sat May 04, 2002 5:29 pm

gotta fly jet airways man .. its kinda steep if your a budget traveller but if possible for you try to take the night flight which has a lower fare .. thats true for any airline i think flying between bombay and delhi but if you want great service you have to check out jet airways .. nothing to beat it ..

by the way .. i recommend you check out bombay too .. not sure if theres much in delhi for you unless you wanna go to the taj mahal .. again .. i think you should do that too but who am i to tell you  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

let me know how your trip went .. email me if you have any more info .. i'm from there and i would love to help out a tourist in my country ..

IndianGuy

Sat May 04, 2002 8:56 pm

AI offers pretty cheap fares on the few domestic routes that they operate on. You should get a day fare as low as 3500/- (compared to 5000 on IC).

Since your are an NRI, why dont u try IC's "Visit India* offer. For a fixed sum (payable in dollars), you can fly unlimited in India for a Fortnight or a Month. You have to pay a fee of Rs.200/- for every embarkation though.

There is similar scheme with 9W as well , but can travel only in one direction (N-S or vv) or some such.

Hope this helped.

Roy.

ammunition

Sat May 04, 2002 9:23 pm

Thank you for all your information.
I think i will book air india most likely as they are the cheapest- and i get to go on their (fab) 744's.
Do you think i will be able to book while i am in india, i think i am definately gonna include mumbai in my travel plans.
The visit india scheme sounds good, but i think it is far too expensive and restricting. I only want to visit mumbai by plane and then maybe head south by train.
Thank you all again for your information.  Smile
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos