chuj

Printed Timetables

Tue May 07, 2002 8:40 am

As a follow-up to the topic about BA's paper timetables, what other airlines have discontinued printing timetables? I heard that United stopped printing timetables, and I havent seen any at airport or city ticket office locations. Can anyone verify this fact, and what othre airlines have stopped? I have been hard pressed to find AA and US timetables (among others) as well at city offices...did they stop as well, or do they just keep them behind the counter? Can people post all the airlines they know have stopped with the published timetables? Thanks guys and gals.

NBC News1

RE: Printed Timetables

Tue May 07, 2002 8:56 am

I was at YYZ (Toronto) last Thursday and I asked for an Air Canada timetable.....and the lady said they don't have them anymore.

I was surprised and disappointed.

flightsimfreak

Tue May 07, 2002 9:17 am

I have a recent Delta paper timetable

planenutz

Tue May 07, 2002 9:48 am

Air Canada still has printed timetables, and in fact you can print one out in PDF format at their website. An Air Canada printed timetable is not much help though because their schedule changes so frequently.

BA had a printed timetable as recently as March 30, 2002. That's when the one that I have expired. I picked it up at the check in desk at San Diego.

I've had difficulty in getting timetables from South American carriers. The only one I know that prints them is Aeropostal. There's is small (pocket sized), and not helpful really. Avianca used to print an excellent one.

Not all who wander are lost....

Tue May 07, 2002 10:54 am

Qantas reservation agent told me that Qantas MAY not have timetable anymore.

I'm wondering if I can still get BA's 2001/02 timetable though, because I don't have it.  Sad

VARIG don't have the timetables too.

PITrules

Tue May 07, 2002 11:21 am

Air France still has them. I also got my hands on the latest jetBlue timetable and SWISS' first timetable at Dulles airport.

A few weeks ago I found a box of old timetables I collected about 15 years ago, including those from Pan Am, TWA, Eastern, Midway (original), JAT, Swissair, Piedmont & PSA (originals), USAir, Sabena, Crossair, Nordair, Canadian, United, ANA, British Airways, Republic, Finnair, and others. On the cover of an American timetable, it says "American is taking off from Nashville", promoting the now closed new hub. "More 747s to Latin America" is on the cover of one of my Pan Am timetables. It's really cool looking at some of the old routes that were around back then, such as summertime JAT DC-10s to Pittsburgh and United being the first airline to serve all 50 states; and it is kind of sad seeing Pan Am offering an evening LHR-JFK flight (103), and TWA offering their JFK-CDG flight (800).
FLYi

747firstclass

Tue May 07, 2002 12:46 pm

I am going through some of my fathers old timetables. His collection is from the 1950s onward. Capitol Airlines, Sabena, TWA, Pan Am, many of the past carriers. Really interesting.