airman99o

Triton Airlines

Wed Sep 15, 1999 11:17 am

This is just a question about an airline that tried to start up a couple of years ago in Newfoundland Canada. I don't really know the reason why they wern't allowed but rumor has it that The Big guys were not so willing to have more competition so they kinda crushed its hope of flying. If any of you have any info on this airline it would be greatly appricated.

airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

RE: Triton Airlines

Thu Sep 16, 1999 3:42 pm

I had friend that got hired with Triton in YHZ. He was trained, given a uniform and told when he was to start work, but I guess some investors didn't come through for Triton. They never got a flight off the ground. My friend is still waiting to get paid for the 3 weeks he worked for them...that was 6-7 years ago!
Triton did try to start up again a couple of years later, but again, lack of funding forced them to give up.
Apparently they wanted to offer an all inclusive, business seating service just like Midwest Express. They even planned to have a cook on-board.
I doubt it would've worked. Eastern Canada is a very tricky market.
Rgds, ACSFO

airman99o

RE: Triton Airlines Thank You Acsfo

Fri Sep 17, 1999 1:30 am

Thank you for letting me know about that. I am living in nf now and had an interview with them the third time they tried to start up!! But Like you said they failed for another time!! The Two people that tried to start it up are Still wanting to get it off the gound so now they have started up a coach line tour operator that is doing very well!! They Also have painted the busses in the triton airline colour shceme!! Looks pretty good!! The Reason that I know that the are still trying to start up the airline is that you can call the number and they answer triton airlines how can i help you? Oh well I guess that it would be nice to have our own airline in the atlantic proviences!! hopefully it might have a chance if Air Canada and the really poor airline Canadian merge, but I also hope that doesn't happen!!

Thanks again!!

Airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos