There has been a lot of criticism here about security procedures since Sept 11. So let's take another survey. I'm going to list some scenarios, both in place and imagined. I wnat you to rate them on a scale of 1 to 10. A lower score means the measure(s) are absolutely and totally unncessary (and purely for show) and a higher score means it is an urgent priority that if not already in place must be done so not a minute too soon.
feel free to elaborate on why you gave the score that you did (aside from the one star rating that this post will likely garner).
1. Allowing ticketed passengers only beyond the screening areas
2. Random strip searches of passengers and luggage with visual inspection of luggage contents (not X-ray or CAT scan)
3. Total strip searches for each and every passenger up to and including cavity searches
4. Mental/verbal interviewing of each passenger (a.k.a. pshychological evaluation)
5. Restraining all passengers in the cabin prior to takeoff
6. No standing up within 30 minutes of takeoff or landing
7. All windows in the airport and aircraft sealed off to prevent outside viewing
8. Replacing all existing private sector security personnel with Federally trained experts
9. Arming pilots and/or Flight attendants
10. Keeping armed militia inside the airports roaming around in the dozens or hundreds
11. Initiating a "flight license" program where all passengers, present and future, above the age of 16 must pass a full disclosure FBI background investigation resulting in a "license to fly" being issued. Failure to pass will result in denial to travel on any commercial airliner. License must be "renewed" every two years. Persons not in posession of a valid license will be denied sale of a ticket and boarding. Any person that attempts to do so shall be subject to arrest.
12. All passengers must submit retinal scans, voice recordings, fingerprinting, and DNA samples prior to being allowed to travel (sort of ties in with #11)
13. Complete and total abolishion of all carry on items, regardless of size. This includes keys and wallets.
14. Mandatory "Sky Marshalls" on all flights. Minimum of 1 Marshall for every 20 passengers. Commuter aircraft seating less than 40 pax will have 2 Marshalls.
15. Along with item #5, all persons shall be blindfolded for the duration of their time on an airliner. Persons will be escorted onto the aircaft in groups of 5.