BA
Topic Author

Northwest Question

Sat May 11, 2002 9:12 am

Has Northwest made any announcements that it would be increasing service to some of its destinations?

I was flipping through there schedules and found out that they recently added a 7th flight from MSP to DEN. I also found out than an 8th flight will be coming sometime soon. A 4th DTW is also being added soon.

What cities do they plan to increase service to? Have they made an announcement?

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

PSU.DTW.SCE

RE: Northwest Question

Sat May 11, 2002 10:27 am

Most of the service being added is simply re-introducing flights from pre 9/11 service levels. This summer NW will still be operating a somewhat reduced schedule from last summer, around 10% less than the Summer 2001 schedule.

The 4th Bank at MEM returns with the start of the summer schedule on June 7th.
A number of XJ Saab routes being upgraded to Express I CRJ's too.

Noticable differences from last summer...the 10th bank (late night) isn't in the schedule for DTW this year. Departures were between 10:30-11pm.

Restored service and increased frequencies up to pre 9/11 levels really hasn't been made in press releases. They just return back into the schedule rather gradually and quietly.

Btw- DTW-DEN was at 4x daily for the winter, then back to 3x for spring, back to 4x for summer....(possibly to fight of Spirit too)

BA
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2002 10:40 am

PSU.DTW.SCE,

Yes, last year it was 4x during the winter and summer.

However I checked April of next year and it is still displaying the 4th flight. So I'm guessing NWA wants to compete against Spirit.

Or they just didn't remove it from the Spring schedule yet.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

azjubilee

Sat May 11, 2002 1:47 pm

AS PSU said, the biggest increase in flying is starting June 7 with the 4th bank returning in MEM. This represents 25% of the MEM flying and over 50 departures. Capasity will be added conservatively provided the markets warrant it. NW isn't going to trow seats out there to fly empty so they can claim to be the first major back to normal ops levels.

PSU - we got our June bid packs and I noticed a DTW-FNT departure that leaves about 1030pm. I think I was looking at CVG patterns, not MEM so I can't double check right now. I wonder if there are late departures like this to certain cities? BTW, did you look into an XJ ramp position like I reccommended?

AZJ

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos