SafeFlyer
Topic Author

CanJet Comeback, Official!

Tue May 14, 2002 5:40 am

In a press release today of the IMP group: May 13, 2002

"CanJet Airlines Nears Takeoff"

"CanJet" has reached the final stage in preparing to start scheduled airline service in Central and Atlantic Canada.

A spokesperson stated that "CanJet" should be in a position to start selling tickets by the beginning of June for flights starting during the second half of June. It is planned that all Boeing 737 flights will be in place by the beginning of July linking Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax and St. John's with other airport destinations being planned.

"CanJet" is a division of I.M.P. Group Limited, one of Canada's largest aviation companies, which has facilities at all major airports in Canada.

Finally, AC will have some competition in the east! Smile

Noise

RE: CanJet Comeback, Official!

Tue May 14, 2002 6:19 am

Finally, a domestic airline in Montreal other than AC! I hope CanJet survives this time around.

Marco

Tue May 14, 2002 6:28 am

I wish them all the luck they can get.

Canadian domestic routes need competition so prices can go down!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

lymanm

Tue May 14, 2002 6:55 am

An old saying goes "the definition of insanity is trying the same thing twice expecting a different result".

buhh bye

voodoo

Tue May 14, 2002 7:04 am

Good luck to `em
but I suspect that if Westjet offers to buy `em out
IMP may, as with C3 a year+ ago, not say no to a 1/2 way decent offer.
` Yeaah! Baade 152! Trabi of the Sky! '

Dash8King

Tue May 14, 2002 7:06 am

Yes IMP's second try is Ken Rowe behind it also? If he is then this is his 4th try talk about determination.

fly_yhm

Tue May 14, 2002 7:20 am

hahaha joke

They probably arent going to get very far once again
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

Dash8King

Tue May 14, 2002 7:24 am

Sorry to change the subject but fly_yhm I am flying YEG-YWG do they operate the 73G's on this route? Thanks a lot.

SafeFlyer
Topic Author

Tue May 14, 2002 7:48 am

Well, I also wish them good luck, and we will know in the near future I'f Ken Rowe is still behind or I'f they've find a new President.
But sincerly, I would prefer taking them instead of holding a boarding pass of air monopoly.
Just my opinion.

slawko

Tue May 14, 2002 8:32 am

Ken Rowe is still behind it, and this is not try number two for IMP and Mr. Rowe, its more like number 3 or 4 if not more!!! This guy is like the english version of Royal's Mr. Lablanc, although he is not a smart from what I have seen, but a pretty good businessman non the less. I give him about as much chance as I do Royal2(Jetsgo) which is 6months to 1 year...I hope Im wrong and the jobs come flowing in, but I dout it. For the record Canjet has not yet applied for an operating certificate, and that can take from 6 to 8 week to get if not more, so really all you have is IMP/Ken Rowe a few pilots and a bunch of Airplanes that IMP has been stuck with leases for, ever since C3 (ELROYJET) shit the bed.

Good Luck Kenny, you will need it!
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

fly_yhm

Tue May 14, 2002 11:07 am

Dash8King

not a n/s just a connecting flight.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

dripstick

Tue May 14, 2002 11:18 am

Dash8King

If the WestJet flight number starts with a "5", like "#500", then it's a B73G. If it start's with a "6", then it's a B738. Anything else is the -200.

As for CanJet restarting, Voodoo made an interesting point about WestJet buying Canjet outright, but I doubt they even want to go their. WestJet should be strong in the east and time will tell who has the staying power.

The more, the merrier, I say!
What's another word for thesaurus?

yyz717

Tue May 14, 2002 11:34 am

CJ had a very negative operating margin when C3 bought it. It's primary value was its slots at YYZ. The revenue base, aircraft, and other assets were basically worthless.

I give this CJ Mark II little chance. Sorry for the pessimism, but Quebec & Atlantic Canada are not strong economically to begin with AND are weaker than when CJ Mark I started.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

chock head

Tue May 14, 2002 11:51 am

In regards to Westjet buying Canjet that is not going to happen.It is not their corporate culture to grow like that.That is why they did not try to buy them last time.Westjet prefers to grow it internally rather than aqcuiring an outside company witha a different philosophy.

dripstick

Tue May 14, 2002 11:56 am

Hey Chock head,

Welcome to A.net!!!

Were you hit too many times in the knoggen with a set of chocks!

Cheers!
What's another word for thesaurus?

gmonney

Tue May 14, 2002 12:08 pm

Welcome Chock head,

I'm sure you will be very active in this discussion....Canjet II......no chance in hell!!!! They have to do it really cheap and i don't think that they are prepared to do that.....look at Roots....the wen't belly up Soooooo fast.....good luck but CJ 2 needs more than luck,

Grant
Drive it like you stole it!

chock head

Tue May 14, 2002 12:11 pm

Hey thanks for the welcome.I think the head is about the only place I have not hit myself with a set of chocks.I have been lurking around for a while and I am now glad to be part of it.

CX829

Tue May 14, 2002 2:59 pm

Something that you might not know.....within the C3 deal with Canjet, Ken Rowe made sure that his IMP group handled the maintenance checks for those C3 planes from their YHZ base as part of the takeover agreements. That's what he's best at: A/C mtce, not airlines.

chock head

Tue May 14, 2002 3:08 pm

Ken Rowe also was going to force C3 to use him as the ground handler in YHZ.This despite the fact that he did not have the equipment to handle the flights.He was basically telling C3 to buy the equipment and his company would operate it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos