windshear

Premiair No More...

Thu May 16, 2002 6:21 pm

I saw a commercial yesterday on Danish television...
I said that Premiair is now called Mytravelairways...
I went to their website, and it said that: "Scandiavia's largest charter airline is no more..."
Premair is not the name any more, but the airline would still have it's own staff and directories here in Copenhagen, so it's only a total merger with the UK Mytravelairways (Airtours and so on)...

So the company itself is not extinct, but has simply grown in size, the operations and so on will remain the same, but it is bound to have a positive effect on the company's destinations and services in the future...

The website also stated that all of it's A320 planes would be replaced by A321 by the year 2003, so the Premiair fleet would then be Scandinavia's youngest at the age of only 14 months!!!

Well this means that there will be more charter flights from Copenhagen and more colourful aircrafts to look at, since their logo is white/orange/blue, so that's all good...

It's going to be interesting to see what new possibilities this might create for Danish air travel and of course to Premiair itself...Here's to the future...

The website also speaks about the repaint bill for their A330-300's it lead up to 640 000 DKR, which is around 85333,3 thousand Euro's or 8000USD!!!

That's 85Euro's/80USD per square meter!!!! :OD
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

EGFF

RE: Premiair No More...

Thu May 16, 2002 6:31 pm

It could be possible that with the change from Airtours to My Travel they could have merged....
Does anyone else have information on this?
EGFF
All together or not at all

windshear

Thu May 16, 2002 6:49 pm

I think they might have...
They afterall share the same colourschemes!
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Rick767

Thu May 16, 2002 7:05 pm

Premiair is part of the Airtours plc (now My Travel plc)group of companies.

The airlines Airtours International Airways and Premiair have been renamed My Travel Airways (UK) and My Travel Airways (Northern Europe) respectively.

To my knowledge ownership has not changed, both carriers are still owned by the My Travel Group (formerly Airtours plc).

The two airlines are still operated seperately, however.
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...